5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordering, Buying and Receiving my 2022 Ram Rebel

thenachobro

Reaction score
So, I want to let everyone know what the experience is like and what the dealer offered and what they didn't.

First, I ordered this vehicle May 6th after the previous 2021 model I ordered was put into the system incorrectly. I put a $1000 down on the 2021 and 2 weeks later headed back in cause the ordered was missing a few addons. They were very generous and patient and said that they would just order another. When we tried to order the 2021 it wouldn't let them and the sales manager had to go talk with someone about why. When he came back he said that FCA might have ended 2021 orders and started 2022.

So he changed the settings for the ordering and BOOM, we could only buy the 2022 model year. After configuring the Ram we discussed prices and I was able to buy the vehicle at invoice. This was agreed upon verbally and though there were a few incentives that I wanted to take advantage at that time (0% interest and military discount) but the sales manager warned me that more than likely there won't be any discounts available for the vehicle once it arrives. Especially since it was a 2022.

Second, two days before the vehicle arrived I went in as @triple_B gave me gave me the heads up that the window sticker was available. I asked the sales manager (Brad) if we could talk about financing and get everything ready so that there was less hassle to deal with when the vehicle arrived. So Brad got one of the finance managers to work with me in getting everything ready to go. They ran my credit which has an 820+ credit score and tried to tell me the best they could do was 3.99%. I balked at that, came home and searched for credit on my own. I heard about Pen Fed but they require you to be a member and buy the vehicle through their service to get the best rate. I checked with USAA and Navy Fed and USAA edged out Navy Fed by a few points. I secured financing and went back to the dealer when the vehicle arrived yesterday. The sales manager also told me that my affiliate rewards through tread lightly was available as a bonus but they would sell me the vehicle at that price and see if they can submit the paperwork for the program when it becomes available in Dec. The finance manager offered an extended warranty through allstate and an undercoating from Mopar. I declined both. Final sales price was $68,436 before TTL.

Two days later the vehicle arrives and I head back in to pick it up. The process took about 45 minutes (I was in a hurry to get out of there) and everyone was very nice and didn't say anything about me securing my own financing. Kimberly Car City did a great job at being open about the bonuses that would be available, sticking to their word about pricing, and not trying hard to sell the other addons like extended warranty. I wish I could have got the the 0% interest but the 1.89 is still very good and about $2000 in interest once its paid off.

Though I have only driven the vehicle about 10 miles so far, the truck doesn't feel like a massive vehicle. It handles like my Volvo XC-60 as it steers effortlessly. I probably have some long lost memories about drivning the old duece and a halves for the military. :) I still have to learn all the ins and out of the nearly Star Trekering computer so heading back to the dealer today to get a hands on class on the Truck. I don't know if I plan on doing any upgrades just yet, it seems to have everything I need. Bear in mind, it has nearly every addon you can get except for the sun roof, some of the newer packages that are being offered with the 2022 model year (except for the GT package the rest weren't in the system when I ordered it) and a few trailer related items.

Lastly, I probably will purchase the extended warranty as there are several posts in 5thgenrams.com about issues happening after 3 years. Not going to purchase just yet but it will happen before the end of the first year or 12k miles. I would like to thank @Eighty and @triple_B for all the hard work they put into tracking and providing info. If I ever get a chance to meet up with you guys, the first couple rounds are on me! Thanks to everyone for taking the time to read and if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Attachments

• 20211006_171621.jpg
    20211006_171621.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 20211007_082853.jpg
    20211007_082853.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 20211007_140448.jpg
    20211007_140448.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 20211007_140632.jpg
    20211007_140632.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 96

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Great post. I'm glad to see that people here are finally starting to take delivery of their trucks. Congrats on your new Rebel. Now, there is one thing that bothers me. Where are the pics??? :ROFLMAO:

thenachobro

Reaction score
Great post. I'm glad to see that people here are finally starting to take delivery of their trucks. Congrats on your new Rebel. Now, there is one thing that bothers me. Where are the pics??? :ROFLMAO:
Some pretty bad weather here today, so I am waiting till this weekend to get some posted! 😁

thenachobro

Reaction score
Update. Got some pics up since it stopped raining!

thenachobro

Reaction score
Truck looks great! That's almost exactly how I was thinking of ordering a Rebel before deciding on a Limited. In the end I wanted ventilated seats LOL
I really wanted them too but I didn't want the 22" wheels that came with the night edition. I heard you can get ventilated seats on the Rebel now with the GT package but then you're paying $3k for ventilated seats as you are getting a host of other options as well. In the end, if I really need it I will pay $2k for aftermarket ventilated seats through this company. https://katzkin.com/degreez/. They run around $2k and have excellent reviews. And they have other colors than black! 😁

thenachobro

Reaction score
Update on the 2022 Ram.

First, the truck drives super smooth and easy. It has low end power that easily causes it to screech if I press the gas down too hard. The ability to change the height is awesome. Its super comfortable and the amount of information that is displayed is crazy! The HUD is super clear and has a host of options that you can display. The multi-function tailgate is super useful and I know that the Ram boxes and storage on the floor in the cab will come in super handy. Overall I really love the vehicle.
EXCEPT for the Uconnect5 system. The whole system was freezing up when using bluetooth Android Auto and it would at times kick my phone out and I wouldn't be able to reconnect until after I restarted the truck. Other times the screen would freeze or just not display for 30 minutes. Completely frustrating knowing how much I paid for this vehicle. BUT I had finally givin up on trying to get it to work and just hard reset the system. After this reset, which I only did yesterday morning, it seems to be working fine. I drove around about 30 more minutes yesterday with no issues but it could pop back up today or tomorrow. I will update this thread with any new updates and if everything keeps working for a week, I will post again then. I pray that everyone who receives their 2022 Ram doesn't have the same issues as me!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I really wanted them too but I didn't want the 22" wheels that came with the night edition. I heard you can get ventilated seats on the Rebel now with the GT package but then you're paying $3k for ventilated seats as you are getting a host of other options as well. In the end, if I really need it I will pay $2k for aftermarket ventilated seats through this company. https://katzkin.com/degreez/. They run around $2k and have excellent reviews. And they have other colors than black! 😁
I agree about the 22 inch wheels. I was able to source a set of Rebel Blackout wheels locally and wrapped them in a set of 18 inch AT tires. Looks a ton better to me now.

Attachments

• Right front corner.jpg
    Right front corner.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 50

thenachobro

Reaction score
I agree about the 22 inch wheels. I was able to source a set of Rebel Blackout wheels locally and wrapped them in a set of 18 inch AT tires. Looks a ton better to me now.
Gorgeous vehicle. I thought about getting the standard Rebel with the chrome rims but I like the contrast with black. Got some compliments on the vehicle while around town.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn…with all of the bickering I’m doing in the other thread, I was super happy to see this thread.

Really happy for you. Any inside pics if you don’t mind?

Also, have you thought about any undercoating? I live in NJ and salt and snow can play havoc with rusting.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Gorgeous vehicle. I thought about getting the standard Rebel with the chrome rims but I like the contrast with black. Got some compliments on the vehicle while around town.
Thanks, I think you made the right choice. I had a white 2017 Rebel, non-blackout, and always thought the little bit of silver on the wheels and the silver skid plate looked out of place on that truck.

Attachments

• 2017 Rebel.jpg
    2017 Rebel.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 27

thenachobro

Reaction score
Damn…with all of the bickering I’m doing in the other thread, I was super happy to see this thread.

Really happy for you. Any inside pics if you don’t mind?

Also, have you thought about any undercoating? I live in NJ and salt and snow can play havoc with rusting.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
As requested . Sorry if they are not great. First time doing this! 😁 If you would like a specific pic of the interior let me know. My kids love the back seat as its absolutely cavernous! The front seats are comfy and have a lot of adjustments, not as many as my Volvo but it will definitely do. As far as undercoating, everything I read states we shouldn't have to do that until at least a year as all new cars have one. But I am getting the extended warranty. Probably December 1st. Will look at an undercoating next summer.

Attachments

• 20211017_162151.jpg
    20211017_162151.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 20211017_162151.jpg
    20211017_162151.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 20211017_162137.jpg
    20211017_162137.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 37
  • 20211017_162125.jpg
    20211017_162125.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 40
  • 20211017_162120.jpg
    20211017_162120.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 20211017_162041.jpg
    20211017_162041.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
So, I want to let everyone know what the experience is like and what the dealer offered and what they didn't.

First, I ordered this vehicle May 6th after the previous 2021 model I ordered was put into the system incorrectly. I put a $1000 down on the 2021 and 2 weeks later headed back in cause the ordered was missing a few addons. They were very generous and patient and said that they would just order another. When we tried to order the 2021 it wouldn't let them and the sales manager had to go talk with someone about why. When he came back he said that FCA might have ended 2021 orders and started 2022.

So he changed the settings for the ordering and BOOM, we could only buy the 2022 model year. After configuring the Ram we discussed prices and I was able to buy the vehicle at invoice. This was agreed upon verbally and though there were a few incentives that I wanted to take advantage at that time (0% interest and military discount) but the sales manager warned me that more than likely there won't be any discounts available for the vehicle once it arrives. Especially since it was a 2022.

Second, two days before the vehicle arrived I went in as @triple_B gave me gave me the heads up that the window sticker was available. I asked the sales manager (Brad) if we could talk about financing and get everything ready so that there was less hassle to deal with when the vehicle arrived. So Brad got one of the finance managers to work with me in getting everything ready to go. They ran my credit which has an 820+ credit score and tried to tell me the best they could do was 3.99%. I balked at that, came home and searched for credit on my own. I heard about Pen Fed but they require you to be a member and buy the vehicle through their service to get the best rate. I checked with USAA and Navy Fed and USAA edged out Navy Fed by a few points. I secured financing and went back to the dealer when the vehicle arrived yesterday. The sales manager also told me that my affiliate rewards through tread lightly was available as a bonus but they would sell me the vehicle at that price and see if they can submit the paperwork for the program when it becomes available in Dec. The finance manager offered an extended warranty through allstate and an undercoating from Mopar. I declined both. Final sales price was $68,436 before TTL.

Two days later the vehicle arrives and I head back in to pick it up. The process took about 45 minutes (I was in a hurry to get out of there) and everyone was very nice and didn't say anything about me securing my own financing. Kimberly Car City did a great job at being open about the bonuses that would be available, sticking to their word about pricing, and not trying hard to sell the other addons like extended warranty. I wish I could have got the the 0% interest but the 1.89 is still very good and about $2000 in interest once its paid off.

Though I have only driven the vehicle about 10 miles so far, the truck doesn't feel like a massive vehicle. It handles like my Volvo XC-60 as it steers effortlessly. I probably have some long lost memories about drivning the old duece and a halves for the military. :) I still have to learn all the ins and out of the nearly Star Trekering computer so heading back to the dealer today to get a hands on class on the Truck. I don't know if I plan on doing any upgrades just yet, it seems to have everything I need. Bear in mind, it has nearly every addon you can get except for the sun roof, some of the newer packages that are being offered with the 2022 model year (except for the GT package the rest weren't in the system when I ordered it) and a few trailer related items.

Lastly, I probably will purchase the extended warranty as there are several posts in 5thgenrams.com about issues happening after 3 years. Not going to purchase just yet but it will happen before the end of the first year or 12k miles. I would like to thank @Eighty and @triple_B for all the hard work they put into tracking and providing info. If I ever get a chance to meet up with you guys, the first couple rounds are on me! Thanks to everyone for taking the time to read and if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Great post and congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thenachobro

Reaction score
@thenachobro, sir, any new updates on the UC5 issues, or any other fun things you've learned, good or bad?
So, the system is working better after the hard reset. The issues seem to be tied to the wireless android auto. I have had 1 to 2 glitches since the reset but nothing major like the screen going blank and basically bricking till I shut off the vehicle for a few minutes. There are so many options but the options for the sound seem a little limited as it has sooo many super nice speakers. The audio gets LOUD but I only have access to bass, treble and midrange. The surround option isn't really all that special, and I WISH I could turn off wireless android auto until I connect with the USB cable. Overall I love the vehicle and I expected a few issues, just hoping that the dealer has an update that might help with a uconnect system.

thenachobro

Reaction score
So, in case anyone was wondering, here is an update on the 2022 Ram Rebel.
First, the uconnect system is doing so much better than it was the first week I had it. I haven't had it cut out or freeze since the last update on 25 Oct. And I am constantly impressed with the beefiness of the stereo system and speakers. It gets so loud that I haven't had it more at more than 50% volume, and I normally like my NIN and Lords of Acid LOUD! The controls are great, but the system GUI has a little to be desired as its not completely user friendly. Mainly applies to SiriusXM and saved channels. But other than that, it works for me.

The engine is super responsive. Just this morning I was at a stop light and when it turned green hit the gas and it took off. No tire screech, just, well, jumped! I felt like I went from 0-30 in about 2 seconds. I have to get used to the accelerator as it does accelerate nicely when I don't hit it too hard. Passing on the freeway is a nonissue. I don't feel the truck has been really pushed yet and I drive pretty aggressively most of the time.

The steering is butter smooth. I don't feel like I am steering a full size truck. Maybe a medium suv or large sedan. The lane assist gives gently nudges when I get out of tolerance and all the info I need is in the colorful HUD. Backing up is a nonissue as there is enough safety features to prevent a blind man from hitting anything. Seriously!!! Seats are super comfy and there is enough storage space to fit half my fridge in. The wireless charger works as it should and should you have 5 more phones, well, they can be charged with the USB-C chargers in both front and back. My kids love the HUGE amount of space in back! The Multifunction tailgate has been super handy already and I am sure I will continue to utilize it probably more than the standard way of opening it.

Gas mileage.........one word......sucks. 13.5 average right now. Not unexpected. But I don't commute in the truck so I don't burn through gas. Was on the freeway in Illinois and the speed limit was 70 and I was getting 17mpg. I think the 20+ mpg is for 55mph freeways!

Lastly, whenever I see this truck, I can't get over how good looking it is. I know, I am biased, its my truck, I should be, but really, the lines and sheetmetal flow quite well. I am curious if anyone will have any complaints about how the truck looks or operates when they receive it. Would be interested to hear about other peoples experience with their trucks.

Thanks for reading!

Users who are viewing this thread