5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordered a 2019 2500

Deluxe247

Reaction score
Hello forum,
This is my first Ram after owning Fords for the past 13 years. I had a 2016 F150 bought brand new in Oct 2016 that ended up being a lemon so I got it bought back through a lawyer. At the time I got the gurantee for a buy back from Ford I saw the Jan 14th release of the new Ram HD on youtube and began pestering my local Ram dealer about ordering one. Was able to order it Feb 21st and now waiting for delivery.
Ram POC pic.JPG

Deluxe247

Reaction score
What did you end up paying for it?
Good question! I don't know yet. I will try to explain this as short as possible.

I live in CA and I was told Dave Smith in Idaho does the best prices on these trucks. Talked to Dave Smith motors 20 Feb and got a firm price to order this truck for $65k + tax. The salesman emailed me the quote and I put it in my back pocket as leverage to go to my local dealer. 21 Feb I went into my local dealer and requested to order this truck, we sat down and went through all the options I want. My salesman printed out the sheet made me check it and then left to his managers office. 10 minutes later I have a order confirmation for the truck without ever discussing price. I asked what are you (the dealership) going to sell this truck to me for? Wait for it..... he says "well MSRP"!!! I about soiled my undershorts and told him politely absolutely not. We went back and forth for a short time when I pulled out my quote from Dave Smith, now he looked like he was going to soil himself. He got up to go see his manager and came back and said I can give it to you for FWP "invoice" also any incentives when I take delivery. I thought that was a fair deal so I made a deposit. Well fast forward to now, when I search their website they are listing the 2019's in transit for $6k below MSRP which is better deal then paying "invoice". So when it's time to go pick it up and go through financing I will be going after the $6k off. So tentatively I will be paying anywhere from $66,900-67,794 then minus rebates/incentives.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Welcome , looks like an awesome truck you have on the way.

orlando bull

Reaction score
Good question! I don't know yet. I will try to explain this as short as possible.

I live in CA and I was told Dave Smith in Idaho does the best prices on these trucks. Talked to Dave Smith motors 20 Feb and got a firm price to order this truck for $65k + tax. The salesman emailed me the quote and I put it in my back pocket as leverage to go to my local dealer. 21 Feb I went into my local dealer and requested to order this truck, we sat down and went through all the options I want. My salesman printed out the sheet made me check it and then left to his managers office. 10 minutes later I have a order confirmation for the truck without ever discussing price. I asked what are you (the dealership) going to sell this truck to me for? Wait for it..... he says "well MSRP"!!! I about soiled my undershorts and told him politely absolutely not. We went back and forth for a short time when I pulled out my quote from Dave Smith, now he looked like he was going to soil himself. He got up to go see his manager and came back and said I can give it to you for FWP "invoice" also any incentives when I take delivery. I thought that was a fair deal so I made a deposit. Well fast forward to now, when I search their website they are listing the 2019's in transit for $6k below MSRP which is better deal then paying "invoice". So when it's time to go pick it up and go through financing I will be going after the $6k off. So tentatively I will be paying anywhere from $66,900-67,794 then minus rebates/incentives.

If I were you, I honestly wouldn't wait that long. I have my deal in writing with trade and all. They said "also any incentives at the time of delivery" and almost looked offended when I told them that they need to write it on the deal.

I guess they can't force you to take delivery when it shows up, but, emotionally, will you be ready to walk away from your custom ordered truck if you aren't satisfied with your deal at the time of delivery?

I suspect Dave Smith was well below invoice, I got a quote from Dennis Dillon @ about $4200 below invoice. Ended up making my deal at $1500 below invoice, not all the way across the country with good trade value. So, I don't have the hassle of selling my existing truck privately, paying for travel, and, I'd lose out on $2100 in tax savings by not trading.

Anyway, if you feel good about how to go forward, thats what matters. I know I'd never be able to walk away from my truck after waiting 8+ weeks for delivery. I had to set my top end in writing before putting in my order.

Deluxe247

Reaction score
If I were you, I honestly wouldn't wait that long. I have my deal in writing with trade and all. They said "also any incentives at the time of delivery" and almost looked offended when I told them that they need to write it on the deal.

I guess they can't force you to take delivery when it shows up, but, emotionally, will you be ready to walk away from your custom ordered truck if you aren't satisfied with your deal at the time of delivery?

I suspect Dave Smith was well below invoice, I got a quote from Dennis Dillon @ about $4200 below invoice. Ended up making my deal at $1500 below invoice, not all the way across the country with good trade value. So, I don't have the hassle of selling my existing truck privately, paying for travel, and, I'd lose out on $2100 in tax savings by not trading.

Anyway, if you feel good about how to go forward, thats what matters. I know I'd never be able to walk away from my truck after waiting 8+ weeks for delivery. I had to set my top end in writing before putting in my order.
I would like to have a firm price in writing, though I do want see what the rest of the dealerships to include this one advertises them for to see if there is a better deal. I know I will want it when I physically see it, but I do have the mental power to walk away from it if it's not a fair deal.
I'm not willing to pay MSRP or close to it, as if I were ordering a rare high demand vehicle like a Raptor, Hellcat ect.... I can search Autotrader/Cargurus and these trucks are popping up everywhere now, so I know I could walk out and find a deal on one. I doubt my dealership will let me walk out on a guranteed sale for them without a fair deal. We will see though.

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
@Deluxe247 thanks for the explanation. The reason I was asking is because every number on that POC sheet is ******** and it's all a dealer tactic to pretend you're getting a good deal.

Okay, We'll sell it to you for $200 over invoice because we've got to make some money on this!

Okay, we'll sell it to you at invoice cost and won't make anything because we need to make the deal!

Okay, we really need to move some vehicles, so we'll eat into our holdback a little bit and sell it to you under invoice, but you're really costing us money at this point!

Everything seems reasonable until you compare their narrative with the prices that Dennis Dixon and others are advertising and selling vehicles at. It's clear that the dealers are making money off of things other than just the profit margin at that particular vehicle. Such as total number of vehicles sold, etc..

Also living in CA, I know it's going to be very difficult to get a good deal on a 2019 HD order from a CA dealer, so I wish you the best!

Deluxe247

Reaction score
Well, today I got some disappointing news. My truck had an estimated ship date of today 3/15. Contacted Ram Chat and they told me the truck hasn't been built yet still "sequenced for production". Contacted my dealer and their system shows the same info. Both Ram and my dealer still show today as the estimated ship date. I don't believe this truck will be built and shipped today.

2phat

Reaction score
Did you get the truck yet? How long was it from order to delivery for you? I ordered my special 2500 a month ago and the dealer said it's got a vin and Like code d or something which he said means the order was approved with no problems. But when I ordered it there were a couple restrictions they said that would delay things? I still haven't convinced dealer to give me the vin number but i'm anxious and where I live our dealer just now got 2 on the lot..

Attachments

• 20190312_203036.jpg
    20190312_203036.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 93

TexasDrone

Reaction score
I would like to have a firm price in writing, though I do want see what the rest of the dealerships to include this one advertises them for to see if there is a better deal. I know I will want it when I physically see it, but I do have the mental power to walk away from it if it's not a fair deal.
I'm not willing to pay MSRP or close to it, as if I were ordering a rare high demand vehicle like a Raptor, Hellcat ect.... I can search Autotrader/Cargurus and these trucks are popping up everywhere now, so I know I could walk out and find a deal on one. I doubt my dealership will let me walk out on a guranteed sale for them without a fair deal. We will see though.
Did you get your truck yet? I ordered mine on 04/30/2019 and it went into a D1 status...So was hoping to hear how long it took to get yours.

TexasDrone

Reaction score
I found out today mine is in JB status meaning it’s built and shipped to body vendor to do the add ins I requested such as spray in liner and side steps etc. so from ordering to now 4/30-5/22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasDrone

Reaction score
Still waiting. Built since 5/24 and it’s still sitting there 2 weeks later. I have my 2016 sold and supposed to give to new buyer 6/14 so hope mine shows up soon!!

NordicNevs

Reaction score
^- Did it ever come?

Users who are viewing this thread