5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oops, I broke it

Handmeawrench

Reaction score
I took the front door panels off to install new speakers yesterday. Pretty easy operation overall, but wouldn’t you know that I broke one of the latch cable brackets. It’s not a bad break, but some day I’ll want to go back in there and replace it.

Does anyone know what this part number is? Front passenger side door. I circled the piece that I broke in the attached pic.

Thank you!!

5598c3fa683c5b6480a29c32a09c76be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know the part number without searching, but you can put your vin into any online Mopar parts place and find the part number. Be careful who you order from though, there are quite a few scam sites out there. A lot of people have had success with Accessory Parts and BAM for getting parts.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
You may have to buy that whole assembly. That clip piece may not be available separately

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Many times, below the picture, it will list the part numbers. For example, #24 will list the part number (or part numbers if there are multiple applications).

OKRam1500

Reaction score
This website shows the diagram and sells/lists out all of the part numbers 1-23 (but somehow left #24 out). You may just need to visit the local dealership to get that part ordered.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow, really? That sounds like a big undertaking.

Not too bad. The hardest part would be taking the door panel off and seeing if I can get that bracket piece off the truck. If it's molded into the rest of the part then I can't do too much.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
eastcoastmoparts.com has a pretty good online catalog and pricing. Legit company for sure.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I checked it out…same diagram that stops at #23. I need whatever that #24 is.

Shoot them a message, they're responsive and will help you out.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just did a little digging out of curiosity and got nowhere. I’d have to ask the dealer, and I’m guessing anyone else would come to the same conclusion also.

Handmeawrench

Reaction score
I just did a little digging out of curiosity and got nowhere. I’d have to ask the dealer, and I’m guessing anyone else would come to the same conclusion also.

By obscuring the part number, the dealer just wants to hear me admit out loud that I broke it and I don’t know what I’m doing. Boy are they in for a surprise when I fully admit to being clumsy with the wrenches.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
By obscuring the part number, the dealer just wants to hear me admit out loud that I broke it and I don’t know what I’m doing. Boy are they in for a surprise when I fully admit to being clumsy with the wrenches.

There’s no part number for it because the picture of it is for reference only to give perspective of cable part #6. It’s part of the carrier plate assembly.

Users who are viewing this thread