5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old gearhead, new gears!

geotex1

Reaction score
Greetings from the mountains of Pennsylvania!

After a little bit of searching, I found my new 2019 RAM on a dealer lot 3.5 hours drive from my home:

2019 RAM 1500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab with 6'-4" Bed:
  • Granite Crystal Metallic
  • Leather-trimmed buckets with full floor console
  • Mopar front and rear slush mats
  • Level 1 Equipment Group
  • 3.92 gears
  • Limited slip rear
  • Standard 5.7 Hemi
  • Trailer brake controller
  • Rear wheelhouse liners
  • 4C NAV
  • 20" Premium painted and polished wheels
  • Chrome Appearance Package
I would have liked the Sport Appearance over the Chrome Appearance and to have the factory spray-in bedliner, but the longer bed, 3.92s, and trailer brake controller and 20" wheels were must-haves, and I wanted either Billet Silver, Granite Crystal, or Maximum Steel (in that order). So, in order to take advantage of the most rebates and deals I've seen in my area, I took the trip. So glad I did because I met a GREAT DEALER and very, very pleased with the deal made! Line-X going in next week along with 20% on the front windows. I think the chrome might be a nice return to the classic from my prior hiatus to the monotone I had with my 2014 Sport.

First surprise: Side-by-side, the new 2019 with factory 20-inch wheels was at least 3 inches lower than my stock ride height 2014 Sport with the factory 20-inch wheels. :confused:

First mod completed: Put LEDs in the cargo/CHMSL after I found they were incandescent with everything else LED!?!? :rolleyes:

First drive (back to the mountains): All smiles as it was similar to my Sport, but better with the added creature features and averaged 15.1mph between the highway and the winding roads! :)

First accessory ordered: WeatherTech fitted splash guards for all corners! (y)

First criticism: I do not think designers who reworked the console really thought it through. The cell phone perch needed to be lower for the taller cell phones of today, My iPhone6 is no issue but my Galaxy S5 cannot stand with the thin Incipio case on it! Also, the armrest storage can fit a tablet like an iPad or Galaxy, but something like a Surface is a no-go. In the Gen4 trucks, you could put a laptop there - I did, every day! I now use a Surface and will miss that great convenience! Single-disc CD player, but no good storage for CDs??? Power outlet AT THE BOTTOM?? :eek:

First kudos: reclining for the rear seats!!! :cool:

Looking forward to learning and contributing!

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Sounds like a nice choice, Good Job! Welcome to the forum. Lots of good information here. Enjoy, Pics when you got em.

Users who are viewing this thread