5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil Pressure

RAMSILVER

Reaction score
What is the oil pressure on your V-6 RAM at idle?
I’m trying to decide what is normal. This is the first V-6 I have owned.

RAMSILVER

Reaction score
Thank you for the response. I’m getting 31 all the time, at idle or going down the road. I was hoping for some thoughts before my appointment with the dealership next week. Didn’t know if it was a v-6 thing, but I’m guessing something is very wrong.

Clessmoorse

Reaction score
I did a search and found nothing regarding installing a mechanical oil pressure gauge inside the car. I know you cant install a mechanical fuel pressure inside the car but i was wondering if you could put a mechanical oil pressure gauge inside the car??

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've seen my Hemi as high as 60 at idle on cold starts, and as low as 23 at idle with a super hot engine. A brief Google search says 30-20ish is normal for the V6 at idle

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did a search and found nothing regarding installing a mechanical oil pressure gauge inside the car. I know you cant install a mechanical fuel pressure inside the car but i was wondering if you could put a mechanical oil pressure gauge inside the car??
You could, but if the line becomes disconnected, you're going to have one heck of a mess.

pounds

Reaction score
Thank you for the response. I’m getting 31 all the time, at idle or going down the road. I was hoping for some thoughts before my appointment with the dealership next week. Didn’t know if it was a v-6 thing, but I’m guessing something is very wrong.
A little late to the party, but I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the same or similar engine. It reads around 30 psi all the time until you really get on the throttle. Then it goes up to around 80 psi. I'm pretty sure it's normal behavior for the V6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online