5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil Pressure gauge install?

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a oil pressure gauge on a Gen 3 ED? I am having trouble finding thread size for Tee fitting I would need.
Thanks
Tom

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Electronic Vehicle Information Center...
The oil pressure is calculated not actual. I found an adaptor I was looking for, I will post a link to it when get home tonight.
Tom

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What’s the difference between “calculated“ and ”actual” oil pressure?

Second question, in what application would actual oil pressure be better then calculated oil pressure and modify the operation of my truck?

66Fuelie

Reaction score
With calculated you never know what your oil pressure really is, the only real sensor you have is if you oil pressure gets down to 8psi (I think that is what the low sensor is set to). To me by the time you get down to 8 psi the damage is already done. Actual is when you either have a sensor that senses what oil pressure is being put out by the engine or a mechanical line directly to the engine that shows the pressure.
Im a old guy that has built a lot of engines in my life and on a lot of things I'm old school, I want to know what is actually going on in my engine not what the computer thinks is going on.
Im not saying its good or bad, just personal preference.
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread