5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil leak

Eddparra

Reaction score
Anyone else have a oil leak problem? I noticed some oil leaking between the engine and transmission. Anyone have a similar issue ?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else have a oil leak problem? I noticed some oil leaking between the engine and transmission. Anyone have a similar issue ?
Not there, but I did have a slight seep from around one of my coil packs on valve cover. Was fixed under warranty

Eddparra

Reaction score
Not there, but I did have a slight seep from around one of my coil packs on valve cover. Was fixed under warranty
I’ll take a closer look at my valve covers. Hoping it’s not my rear main seal.

ram0686

Reaction score
I'm bringing my truck in on October 4th. Will report back. Hope it isn't the rear main seal. I've ruled out the oil sensor or residual oil from filter or spilt oil while filling. IMG_20220920_182001630.jpg IMG_20220921_181321141.jpg

ram0686

Reaction score
Got truck back today. They removed the transmission and saw assembly grease all around the bell housing. They removed it and I'll monitor now

ram0686

Reaction score
Yep. They showed me the pictures of the transmission. Flywheel slung the grease to the housing in a perfect circular line.

Eddparra

Reaction score
So my truck is at the dealer now and at first they told me it was the rear main seal and now they said that they found a crack on the engine block in between the engine and transmission. So now waiting for a new engine block.

Ddelallata

Reaction score
Yep. They showed me the pictures of the transmission. Flywheel slung the grease to the housing in a perfect circular line.
Reviving this thread…
did you have this issue resolved ?
was it in fact assembly lube?
I’ve had a small drop or two of brownish fluid where the engine/transmission meet for a while. It’s not engine oil and not green like the 8 speed ATF.
Mine is a ‘24 with 6K miles.
thanks in advance

ram0686

Reaction score
Reviving this thread…
did you have this issue resolved ?
was it in fact assembly lube?
I’ve had a small drop or two of brownish fluid where the engine/transmission meet for a while. It’s not engine oil and not green like the 8 speed ATF.
Mine is a ‘24 with 6K miles.
thanks in advance
Yes everything is bone dry underneath.

Users who are viewing this thread