5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil change information

SSW

Reaction score
I stopped by my Ram dealer to schedule an oil change for my 2021 Ram 5.7 and the service manager told me that I was lucky that the service wasn't for a ECO diesel because they had no oil filters for any Diesel engine vehicle. He went on to say that they were on back order with no estimated delivery date. The local Auto parts stores are all out of stock also. This is in Western Nevada near the California border. My brother in Law who is a service manager for a Ford dealership in Las Vegas said they cannot get bulk oil and had to buy oil by the quart locally to do oil changes. I hope that this situation gets fixed sooner than later.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, that’s the case for ecodiesel right now. I had my guy check nationwide and dealers are holding their stock. I’m trying a couple aftermarket filters in a couple weeks when I do my oil change, and whichever doesn’t cause a drop in oil pressure will be the one I order a couple cases of.

Users who are viewing this thread