5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM Remote Start

CrookedLetta

Reaction score
Is an OEM remote start available for the 5.7 etorque yet? Can’t seem to find it anywhere

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Its very pricey to add, new key fobs needed and a reflash of all the systems that the remote start is connected to. We had a 2015 chrysler 200 and the dealer said it would be upwards of $500-$600 to add. And these new ram fobs may be even more $$.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a reason you’re only wanting OEM? The Viper Smartstart (or whatever it’s called) is 10 times faster then FCA’s cellphone app, and they can program your current keyfob to be able to start the truck if you aren’t wanting to carry around another fob. I had this system on my 2014 Sahara and absolutely loved it.

CrookedLetta

Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind go either direction. Does viper make one for the 2019,

RamRebel19

Reaction score
I'm also interested in the Viper SmartStart and its compatibility with the 2019 as I was never impressed with Chrysler's OEM systems. Had them installed in our Town and Country van, 2012 Ram, and some of the loaners I've had. Seems like bad range for the units. Most of them I had to be real close to the vehicle where as my Viper system on my Expedition a few years ago would reach from forever away!

Users who are viewing this thread