5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM power side step LED light upgrade

scottkio

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new to the forum...just bought a 2019 Limited. I am not happy with the OEM lights for the power side steps, so I bought some LED strips from Amazon. My plan is to tap into the OEM LED lights. Looking for anyone who has done a light upgrade and how they wired it up.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new to the forum...just bought a 2019 Limited. I am not happy with the OEM lights for the power side steps, so I bought some LED strips from Amazon. My plan is to tap into the OEM LED lights. Looking for anyone who has done a light upgrade and how they wired it up.
Welcome to the forum. The Search function is your friend. Many folks on this forum have done this with pics and wiring information. It shouldn't be too hard to find those posts.

scottkio

Reaction score
Finally decided to tap into the little courtesy light on the passenger side. I also added waterproof quick disconects so I can easily upgrade if I want. (Looks factory) Cool part is my step lights (both sides) come on when any door is open, they also come on automatically at night when my lights come one. I can also dime them down or completely turn them off with the dial for the courtesy lights. The first pic is just the puddle light under the mirror, the second pic is both puddle light and step lights.

Attachments

• 20210409_203556.jpg
    20210409_203556.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 20210409_203606.jpg
    20210409_203606.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 85

RAMTrkGN

Reaction score
What product did you use?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nick57

Reaction score
Finally decided to tap into the little courtesy light on the passenger side. I also added waterproof quick disconects so I can easily upgrade if I want. (Looks factory) Cool part is my step lights (both sides) come on when any door is open, they also come on automatically at night when my lights come one. I can also dime them down or completely turn them off with the dial for the courtesy lights. The first pic is just the puddle light under the mirror, the second pic is both puddle light and step lights.
the led's you added dim with the courtesy light. Did you have are you talking about the ambient lighting? Did you have to add anything between the light and where you tapped in?

Users who are viewing this thread