5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM exhaust...worth saving?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have an AWE exhaust and debating between keeping the OEM exhaust intact or just cutting it. I'm leaning towards just cutting it unless someone has a good reason to keep it one piece.

RamLink83

Reaction score
It's really personal preference. Do you think you might ever want to go back to stock again in the future? I kept mine intact and have it stored in the basement just in case I ever decide I want to go back to stock again. I may get a travel trailer in the future, so my AWE might end up being annoying on long tows. Or maybe I might end up selling the truck in a few years and decide to put the stock exhaust on and sell my AWE since after market exhaust will sell more than a stock exhaust would.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's really personal preference. Do you think you might ever want to go back to stock again in the future? I kept mine intact and have it stored in the basement just in case I ever decide I want to go back to stock again. I may get a travel trailer in the future, so my AWE might end up being annoying on long tows. Or maybe I might end up selling the truck in a few years and decide to put the stock exhaust on and sell my AWE since after market exhaust will sell more than a stock exhaust would.
This^^^

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
I was asked by the dealer what to do with the OEM exhaust when they installed my Mopar catback. I told them whatever I don’t want it. In the event that my wife wouldn’t approve of the new sound, I didn’t want to sit on an option to undo it.

Klicht87

Reaction score
I kept mine intact. I put it up on facebook marketplace to sell but no hits. No big deal if I don't sell. If I ever sell my truck, I'll put it back on.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would keep it. You might find someone like me that prefers the stock exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread