5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM 20" tire cold PSI

Grunkster

Reaction score
so I happened to look at my week old Laramie's pressures, and they are set to 43 front, 41 rear...the door sticker shows 36psi cold....is it common for dealers to overinflate or? Just curious, and also thinking the ride would get EVEN BETTER if I let them down to the recommended 36psi! Thoughts?

79 300

Reaction score
They usually ship new vehicles with the tires overinflated so they don't flat spot while strapped down, or sitting for weeks in a lot. The dealer should check and adjust them during the pre-delivery service, but many forget to. I know Dodge Challengers call for 30-32 PSI and many owners report seeing 50 PSI or more on their new cars.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
my tire sticker reads 39 PSI, i run 40. the dealers dont take the time to properly inflate the tires. most times they are using a cheap barrel tire guage that's been around since the mid '80's.

Northeast16SS

Reaction score
so I happened to look at my week old Laramie's pressures, and they are set to 43 front, 41 rear...the door sticker shows 36psi cold....is it common for dealers to overinflate or? Just curious, and also thinking the ride would get EVEN BETTER if I let them down to the recommended 36psi! Thoughts?

Did you check the pressure while the tires were cold, or after driving? Once they heat up, the pressures can rise 5lbs. Likewise, the pressure on the door jamb is a MAX cold pressure. I usually inflate 1-2 lbs below the max level because the ride is better.

Grunkster

Reaction score
Cold.... think I will go 34psi... mine were way overinflated

Users who are viewing this thread