5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Normal or Weird

Trfnj74

Reaction score
Question

Now that it's dark I've seen what all the interior lights look like on..

I exit the truck the headlights stay on for 15ish seconds as well as the dome lights and gauge cluster area (I know that is normal), but once those shut off the 12 inch displays turns on for about 5 seconds displaying the Ram and the Sirius logo then shuts off.

Is this normal?

Last edited:

myram2019

Reaction score
i never noticed that but will try and see. What i find weird is when im washing the truck and i spray water on the front door handles all the exterior lights flash. I do have the fob in pocket and can spray from 5-6 feet and this happens.

IS this normal?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Question

Now that it's dark I've seen what all the interior lights look like on..

I exit the truck the headlights stay on for 15ish seconds as well as the dome lights and gauge cluster area (I know that is normal), but once those shut off the 12 inch displays turns on for about 5 seconds displaying the Ram and the Sirius logo then shuts off.

Is this normal?

Yes, mine does that too. You just get used to it.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i never noticed that but will try and see. What i find weird is when im washing the truck and i spray water on the front door handles all the exterior lights flash. I do have the fob in pocket and can spray from 5-6 feet and this happens.

IS this normal?

Yes, water acts just like your hand on the handle and with the fob in proximity it flashes just like you touched it. Next time, leave the fob in the house while washing and it won't do that.
Passive entry / first world problem.

Users who are viewing this thread