5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Normal duratrac road noise or something more?

Blee2221

Reaction score
Anyone experiencing a loud humming noise with acceleration/driving at highs speeds? Not sure if it is normal road noise from the duratracs or something else is going on. Tires are inflated 55 front/45 rear as recommended on the door sill. 1 week old. 500 miles on it.

DivrGuy

Reaction score
I don't own one, but the ones I have test driven all sound like that. It's the tires. It's common with all-terrain tires, some worse than others. And they often get worse as the tires wear. My current truck has all-terrain tires that got noisier as they wore down, so I switched to a set of Continental Terrain Contacts. Quietest all-terrain tire I have ever seen.

Csiezega

Reaction score
Yea, I get a decent amount of road noise/humming. Almost sounds like a bad wheel bearing. I think this is pretty standard for a A/T tire. I know my KO2's had the same type of sound. I don't hear it quite as bad at highway speeds only around town cruising. I know it's not coming from the noise canceling system because I have heard what that sounds like when it doesn't work right....

Sholzer

Reaction score
The duratracs are much more noisy than the 315/65/18 K02s I had on my F150. But yes, it's normal with AT tires especially more aggressive ones like duratracs

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The duratracs are much more noisy than the 315/65/18 K02s I had on my F150. But yes, it's normal with AT tires especially more aggressive ones like duratracs
I agree...the Duratracs are loud...and even more so than the one that were on the Rebel last year even though they advertise they are more quiet than they used to be LOL

Blee2221

Reaction score
Yea, I get a decent amount of road noise/humming. Almost sounds like a bad wheel bearing. I think this is pretty standard for a A/T tire. I know my KO2's had the same type of sound. I don't hear it quite as bad at highway speeds only around town cruising. I know it's not coming from the noise canceling system because I have heard what that sounds like when it doesn't work right....

That’s exactly what it sounds like, a bad wheel bearing. Good to know that it is normal. I had 35” KO2s on my last truck and didn’t nearly notice that much road noise from it. Guess the duratracs are just louder.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Toyos on my 16' Rebel were whisper quiet compared to these Duratracs. They are pretty loud, but normal.

Users who are viewing this thread