5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noise cancellation and the radio

dswoboda2120

Reaction score
I am confused about the noise cancellation system. My belief is that it is on all the time unless a window is open, but I've seen other posts on the forum say that your radio needs to be on. Does anyone know if the radio needs to to be on for the ANS to work properly? Or does it not matter? I don't hear a difference either way, nor do I notice a difference when a window is open, other then the noise you'd expect from an open window.

I'm not complaining about it, the cab is quiet, just wondering how the ANS works because of the mixed posts I'm seeing about it.

Fidomac

Reaction score
I am confused about the noise cancellation system. My belief is that it is on all the time unless a window is open, but I've seen other posts on the forum say that your radio needs to be on. Does anyone know if the radio needs to to be on for the ANS to work properly? Or does it not matter? I don't hear a difference either way, nor do I notice a difference when a window is open, other then the noise you'd expect from an open window.

I'm not complaining about it, the cab is quiet, just wondering how the ANS works because of the mixed posts I'm seeing about it.
My understanding is it's on all the time... independent of the radio

Users who are viewing this thread