5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No stereo sound

SeanGTS

Reaction score
Remote started my Laramie this morning, opened the door and the 12 inch was blacked out. The only button to do anything was the power button. The screen came on but no sound from misoc sources. All other buttons seem to work normally. I tried to restart the truck/hold down the power button, no change. The volume button is stuck at 18, steering wheel controls do nothing.

Any thoughts? Pull the battery?

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Remote started my Laramie this morning, opened the door and the 12 inch was blacked out. The only button to do anything was the power button. The screen came on but no sound from misoc sources. All other buttons seem to work normally. I tried to restart the truck/hold down the power button, no change. The volume button is stuck at 18, steering wheel controls do nothing.

Any thoughts? Pull the battery?

Pull the battery or wait. These stereos don’t seem to reset (turn off) until they sit for a period of time (a few hours). At least that has been my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIC3BOY

Reaction score
Quick solution has been posted before - cycling through the audio sources using the steering wheel button controls (rear of steering wheel). That should bring back audio.

JRinDFW

Reaction score
Quick solution has been posted before - cycling through the audio sources using the steering wheel button controls (rear of steering wheel). That should bring back audio.
Any new ideas, anyone? Cycling through the sources didn’t work for me today.

gpbst3

Reaction score
Yesterday and today I had no stereo volume with normal push button start. Tried to switch between FM and XM with no change. Turn truck off and back on still no volume. Truck sat for a few hours and it worked.

Users who are viewing this thread