5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Sound (HK System)

Mesteve

Reaction score
Got in the truck this morning and there is no audio... All of the buttons work, phone connects, can change audio sources, just no audio. Seems like that would be an issue with the amp. I rebooted the truck a couple of times, no change. For some reason the search feature keeps telling me I can't search (if you're a mod reading this maybe something to look at).

Has this happened to others? A known issue maybe?

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Same issue today. 12in screen. Tried turning off the truck. Had audio 2 hours ago. Now nothing

Bad Chad

Reaction score
Got in the truck this morning and there is no audio... All of the buttons work, phone connects, can change audio sources, just no audio. Seems like that would be an issue with the amp. I rebooted the truck a couple of times, no change. For some reason the search feature keeps telling me I can't search (if you're a mod reading this maybe something to look at).

Has this happened to others? A known issue maybe?

I noticed all my issues with sound, unresponsiveness of buttons, loosing left audio channel etc.. all due to the usb cable connected to my phone from usb ports below the screen. After replacing with original samsung usb cord my problems disappeared. I no longer am using Android car play as it also slows down the system as a whole. Unresponsive, slow sat channel changes. Maybe this will be addressed in the future but at this time i only plug my phone in to charge using the usb port inside center console. Hope this helps. Alternatively, I could just uninstall the Android car play and still use the ports below screen for charging

Bacoviah

Reaction score
Well crap. Mine stopped working this morning. No sound. Lol. It shows a song is playing but no sound. It happened right after I got off the phone using the Uconnect

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
After turning off my truck for several hours my truck regained sound. Haven't had an issue since. I tried to find a way to reset the stereo with no success. Hope your sound comes back

Bacoviah

Reaction score
Update: after disconnecting the battery for a bit sound came back. I know technology isn’t perfect to say the least. Understand all these gizmos found today will have issues. Just wish there was a way to do a soft reset. Having to disconnect battery wasn’t bad just if I was on a road trip it would have sucked.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Update: after disconnecting the battery for a bit sound came back. I know technology isn’t perfect to say the least. Understand all these gizmos found today will have issues. Just wish there was a way to do a soft reset. Having to disconnect battery wasn’t bad just if I was on a road trip it would have sucked.

I think everyone is looking for a way to soft reboot or hard reboot the stereo. If you find something please let us know. Nothing that I have seen on the Forums has worked for me.

Whois502

Reaction score
Anytime mine does this “no sound” issue. I switch to AM and the sound comes back. Then change to the source i want and all is good again for awhile.

Uconnect support is worthless. Eventually they will fix it with an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bacoviah

Reaction score
Anytime mine does this “no sound” issue. I switch to AM and the sound comes back. Then change to the source i want and all is good again for awhile.

Tried it along with tryig the finger tabs. MYbe next time that works. Hopefully it doesn’t happen again

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Thanks for the update I'll try it but like the other guy said I hope it never happens again

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

So I had the glorious no sound issue today. I hit the AM source and heard fuzz(wasn't on a tuned in station). As soon as I heard the fuzz I knew it worked. Super strange but I can confirm it worked for me. My sound came back. Thanks for posting your fix.

darylw80

Reaction score
From FCA:

Soft Reset Instructions

1) Put vehicle into the accessories mode (ACC or RUN)
? **For keyless start (push-button) vehicles: push the start button twice without having your foot on the gas or brake pedal**
2) Hold down the Phone and voice recognition buttons, at the same time, for thirty seconds.
3) Let go of the buttons
4) Turn vehicle off
5) Open driver’s side door for thirty seconds (or until dash illumination goes black)
6) Close door
7) Restart vehicle
8) Let the media center load up and see if concern is still present

mobilepreacher

Reaction score

Man i love this forum!

Users who are viewing this thread