5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No more option to respond to text messages

almiami

Reaction score
On a 2021 1500 , the option to respond to a text thru voice command is no longer available. Only option is preset messages.
Anyway to bring it back? I feel like we are going backwards. We used to be able to respond to a text without picking up the phone. Now if you want to respond got to reach for the phone ot interact with display.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On a 2021 1500 , the option to respond to a text thru voice command is no longer available. Only option is preset messages.
Anyway to bring it back? I feel like we are going backwards. We used to be able to respond to a text without picking up the phone. Now if you want to respond got to reach for the phone ot interact with display.
Nope, not natively. If you connect your phone and start either Android Auto or Carplay. You can then press and hold the Voice Command button on the wheel until you hear or see either Google or Siri acknowledgement tone and then ask to send a text to someone.

LA_cummina

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing.. was kindof surprised my carplay didnt work wirelessly

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Siri works great by pressing and holding the “talk” button on the steering wheel, even if my phone is not plugged in. Not sure in Android phones do something similar.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope, not natively. If you connect your phone and start either Android Auto or Carplay. You can then press and hold the Voice Command button on the wheel until you hear or see either Google or Siri acknowledgement tone and then ask to send a text to someone.
My phone doesn’t have to be plugged in for this feature to work. Just press and hold the “talk” button on the steering wheel and Siri pops up.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My phone doesn’t have to be plugged in for this feature to work. Just press and hold the “talk” button on the steering wheel and Siri pops up.
I get that but I’m referring to when you get a text message while you’re driving and the “voice“ (Siri?) says “ you have a text from ( whomever ) would you like to hear it ?” You say yes and it reads the text to you and then asks if you would like to reply . You say yes and it asks ” what would you like to say ?” You say what you want and it repeats it to you and asks if this is correct you say yes and then it asks if you would like to send it , you say yes and then it says message sent .
No pressing any buttons or anything .

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I get that but I’m referring to when you get a text message while you’re driving and the “voice“ (Siri?) says “ you have a text from ( whomever ) would you like to hear it ?” You say yes and it reads the text to you and then asks if you would like to reply . You say yes and it asks ” what would you like to say ?” You say what you want and it repeats it to you and asks if this is correct you say yes and then it asks if you would like to send it , you say yes and then it says message sent .
No pressing any buttons or anything .
Oh. Yeah, no, it doesn’t do that! Lol!

Cheebie

Reaction score
My 14 did that too, and it completely seems silly to not have that with the new system. Loved hearing the replay of some of my replies 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread