5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No MFT?

Kxlexus

Reaction score
Kinda disappointed Ram isn’t offering the Multi Function Tailgate in the TRX. wondering if it will be offered later?

Shuga

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone will be using the TRX as a truck tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I am not getting a TRX this year. However if I get one in the future I most certainly would use it as a truck.

Cerino2000

Reaction score
I’ll be using mine as a truck. I doubt I’ll be doing any off reading honestly. I wanted a Ram with the hellcat engine. Plain and simple. If they offered it in a “conventional” Ram, that’s what I would have bought.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I’ll be using mine as a truck. I doubt I’ll be doing any off reading honestly. I wanted a Ram with the hellcat engine. Plain and simple. If they offered it in a “conventional” Ram, that’s what I would have bought.
I am right there with ya. There is no desert anywhere close to my house. I am just after the Hellcat motor. I don’t need the suspension of the TRX either. That engine in my Longhorn 4x4 with Ramboxes and MFT would be my ultimate truck

Tom488

Reaction score
I am right there with ya. There is no desert anywhere close to my house. I am just after the Hellcat motor. I don’t need the suspension of the TRX either. That engine in my Longhorn 4x4 with Ramboxes and MFT would be my ultimate truck
My feeling exactly, as well. I was slightly disappointed that the Ram boxes weren't available on the TRX, but understood due to the wider fenders. I'll also probably be installing a set of Amp Research power steps (more than likely the XL version) in place of the Mopar steps - I'll have to see when I get it. The truck will see some off-road use, but nothing extreme (at least not intentionally). And yes, my Limited-optioned Laramie with the Hellcat would have been my preferred setup... but beggars can't be choosers... not while retaining a factory warranty, at least.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The TRX is already a heavy pig. My guess is they didn't want any more weight.

Shuga

Reaction score
You guys really think you're going to be putting a Hellcat engine in a ram to full use? You're not don't fool yourself. Now I'm all for it don't get me wrong. But I'm also realistic.

Cerino2000

Reaction score
You guys really think you're going to be putting a Hellcat engine in a ram to full use? You're not don't fool yourself. Now I'm all for it don't get me wrong. But I'm also realistic.
Yes. I most certainly will!

Kxlexus

Reaction score
If I am being completely honest about it I don’t put the regular Hemi to full use either. I used to have a Suzuki GSXR 1000 there is no way anyone gets everything out of it on the street and keeps their license and life. I still have a Yamaha YZ450F motocross bike and I’ll never be able to use all the power it makes either. I just like having more than I can use. A lot more. That’s why I want the Hellcat engine in a truck. I just don’t need the expensive Baja suspension as the nearest desert is a long way from Kentucky.

Users who are viewing this thread