5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No lift, Hellwig Sway Bar Benefits

Floyd

Reaction score
Anyone at stock ride height, non -Rebel, non ORG, have the Hellwig Sway bar?

Make a positive difference for you?

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It makes a huge difference. I have it on the softest setting and I can notice the difference

tidefan1967

Reaction score
Makes the most noticeable difference on a curvy road at higher speeds, cuts down on the rear sway of the truck immensely. The truck just feels more planted.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Best upgrade you can do to a 5th Gen considering cost, install, and what it does to the truck. If and when I trade it, the bar is coming with me to be installed on the next one

HeavyRotation

Reaction score
I have the bar in the stiffest setting and 2" lowering/level springs on the rear, thing stays really flat around hairpins etc. One benefit i haven't seen anyone post is that it seems to really help with sway control when towing. I tow a 5k lb trailer a lot and it definitely helps keep the rear level and settled down over big road imperfections at speed.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the bar in the stiffest setting and 2" lowering/level springs on the rear, thing stays really flat around hairpins etc. One benefit i haven't seen anyone post is that it seems to really help with sway control when towing. I tow a 5k lb trailer a lot and it definitely helps keep the rear level and settled down over big road imperfections at speed.
Well then, I'll post on towing. I tow a fifth wheel, and the difference is huge. I have the Andersen so it moved the pivot point higher than a conventional fifth wheel hitch, and it really got rid of a bunch of body roll on the stiffest setting.. Must say that I also went to a stiffer sidewall tire to get rid of the tire squirm.

Users who are viewing this thread