5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No clock when 8.4" radio is off??

19jds76

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to have a clock displayed on the 8.4" screen when the radio is off? It seems ridiculous to me that in 2019 you can't see the time unless the radio is powered on.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As soon as you find out, I would love to know. I just did it so it’s on my screen in front as I’m driving.

upstech76

Reaction score
You can change the instrument cluster to display your time. I swapped out the compass for a clock because when using the Apple Car Play with Waze the clock doesn't display on the 8.4 screen.

Kidder

Reaction score
You can change the instrument cluster to display your time. I swapped out the compass for a clock because when using the Apple Car Play with Waze the clock doesn't display on the 8.4 screen.
Regarding Waze, are you sure? The time is displayed on Waze for Android Auto. It's next to the cell phone status (signal, battery, etc).
When not using Android Auto the clock is displayed in a different location.

Kidder

Reaction score
You can see the time next to the phone status and search box.
c72d760fa3ce25bc94fabd7b9838062d.jpg

upstech76

Reaction score
You're correct, it's there and I somehow overlooked it!

Regarding Waze, are you sure? The time is displayed on Waze for Android Auto. It's next to the cell phone status (signal, battery, etc).
When not using Android Auto the clock is displayed in a different location.

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
I also put Time on a corner of the dash cluster. Always there, no need to search around the 8.4 as Time location changes depending on what app is being used.

Users who are viewing this thread