5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Audio w/ Carplay making or receiving calls

Dex17

Reaction score
Have a new 2022 Ram 1500 mfg in October bought in December. Carplay works fine with music, gps and all other apps. However, I have no audio whenever I try to make or receive a call. The phone is set to Bluetooth whenever I answer and I have to manually switch it to 'Speaker' so I can talk from the phone. I dont know what the issue could be. Ive re-paired the phone with he unconnect and same issue. Phone has given all necessary permissions for the unconnect upon pairing too. When I try to make a call, carplay will show its dialing and the other persons phone will ring but still no audio when they answer. I cant hear them and they cant hear me.

The only time I get it to work is if I select 'Device Manager' and select 'phone' instead of 'carplay'....it takes about 30 sec due to switching between phone and carplay but finally kicks over and the Bluetooth works...obliviously this is not preferred every time I use the phone. Any ideas?

Macc

Reaction score
Have a new 2022 Ram 1500 mfg in October bought in December. Carplay works fine with music, gps and all other apps. However, I have no audio whenever I try to make or receive a call. The phone is set to Bluetooth whenever I answer and I have to manually switch it to 'Speaker' so I can talk from the phone. I dont know what the issue could be. Ive re-paired the phone with he unconnect and same issue. Phone has given all necessary permissions for the unconnect upon pairing too. When I try to make a call, carplay will show its dialing and the other persons phone will ring but still no audio when they answer. I cant hear them and they cant hear me.

The only time I get it to work is if I select 'Device Manager' and select 'phone' instead of 'carplay'....it takes about 30 sec due to switching between phone and carplay but finally kicks over and the Bluetooth works...obliviously this is not preferred every time I use the phone. Any ideas?
I have the exact same issue as this. Brand new 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie. Hell of a truck but can’t make phone calls or receive them since there is no phone audio. Pretty ridiculous actually. Has been into service team twice. The techs android phones work fine but CarPlay seems to be a problem. They have simply said they can’t fix it. Also won’t or can’t replace anything. Sooooo….now what?

Had the issues with an iPhone XR. I just upgraded to an iPhone 13 just to see if that was an issue. Same problem. My wife’s iPhone XR and now iPhone 13 also don’t work. Same issues.

I feel that there needs to be a software update since I also have no compass… but I am not being prompted for a software update and you can’t force an update like you can with literally any other tech device which is super frustrating. I’ve had this truck for over 2 months…only 4000kms but can’t use a telephone. Cmon Ram help out please! You can’t expect your customers to drop this kind of $$$ on a truck and can’t use a basic feature like hands free calling.

Sumter63

Reaction score
In my 22 limited My whole Uconnect system continues to **** down and reboot. I lose everything phone and all. Dealer say no update available yet. Ram Care needs to do something. When screen goes out I cannot control anything on panel. Wish they just made trucks and not rolling Computers. Good luck with a fix. Hope they get these issues fixed. Love my truck but kinda embarrassing when people get in it and this **** happens and they say and you paid what for this? Sad.

n8zcc

Reaction score
This may not be the cause but I discovered on my 2022 when I first got it, using Andriod Auto, I couldn't hear the phone ring when I made a call. I discovered the phone over the vehicle's speakers has an independent volume control. Next time you make a call and don't hear anything, give the volume knob a spin.

221500Limited

Reaction score
2 months in to my 22 Limited and radio would freeze, black out, restart and lost ability to reply to texts. Radio got 2 updates. Didn’t black out but VR tones became nearly silent. Finally dealer replaced radio. Leaving he dealership, no texting and no compass. Dealer says these 12” radios are full of problems. 3rd radio ordered. We’ll see what this does. Ridiculous that you drop this much $$$ for this vehicle and radio is garbage. Very disappointed.

Rodgie

Reaction score
2 months in to my 22 Limited and radio would freeze, black out, restart and lost ability to reply to texts. Radio got 2 updates. Didn’t black out but VR tones became nearly silent. Finally dealer replaced radio. Leaving he dealership, no texting and no compass. Dealer says these 12” radios are full of problems. 3rd radio ordered. We’ll see what this does. Ridiculous that you drop this much $$$ for this vehicle and radio is garbage. Very disappointed.
At least your dealer replaced the radio, the dealership I took my truck too wasnt able to replicate it but I was having all the same issues. It is very disappointing I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread