5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Access to Forum

Trfnj74

Reaction score
I lose access to the forum when Im not on wifi through ATT (iphone) Tapatalk as well. Once wifi is tuned out everything is fine, started happening around 2.

Anyone else have issues?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did that twice already as well as reset mobile settings etc.. This is frustrating
I had the same issue (despite clearing browser history) this afternoon. Now that I’m back home and on WiFi, it’s working again.

geotex1

Reaction score
iPhones are ornery. You need to sign out and close your browser and Tap. The clear browser and app data. Then hard reset your iPhone. That should do it. It's what I did on my iPhone 8. My Android required nothing special! Lol

Trfnj74

Reaction score
Are you getting certificate errors?

Hello

I get the attached picture.. I reset everything except for the phone lol. It's weird that is don't work on Tapatalk as well. Its almost like att is blocking it. It does work on my work iPhone which happens to be Verizon..

Attachments

• 2F310B1C-FFDB-40D8-ACBB-1DD79F7E55E5.jpeg
    2F310B1C-FFDB-40D8-ACBB-1DD79F7E55E5.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 17

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello

I get the attached picture.. I reset everything except for the phone lol. It's weird that is don't work on Tapatalk as well. Its almost like att is blocking it. It does work on my work iPhone which happens to be Verizon..

Thats definitely a weird one. I was having issues with certificates when we first switched the server over yesterday but they cleared up

@Jared B ...any thoughts? Looks like its affecting ATT and Tapatalk...maybe a different certificate?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Thats definitely a weird one. I was having issues with certificates when we first switched the server over yesterday but they cleared up

@Jared B ...any thoughts? Looks like its affecting ATT and Tapatalk...maybe a different certificate?

This is interesting and not something I have been able to duplicate. I also noticed it looks like it's not trying to go through SSL in that case. While not on wifi what happens if you type in HTTPS://5thgenrams.com?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trfnj74

Reaction score
This is interesting and not something I have been able to duplicate. I also noticed it looks like it's not trying to go through SSL in that case. While not on wifi what happens if you type in HTTPS://5thgenrams.com?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Jared

I get the same issues as the picture I posted above "Safari cant open the page because the network connection was lost" Once wifi is turned back on , no issues at all!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello

Exactly what I was seeing both in Denver, Colorado and Dallas, Texas yesterday. When I returned home, everything was fine. My provider is AT&T, and so is my home WiFi, although this seems to be a cellular issue.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it must be a cellular issue, possibly if someone tried to access the site on cellular while the migration was taking place possibly it saved some setting. Have you cleared your browsers cache, history etc? I know you said you have but maybe try again. Does the main site load and just not the forum or both? I am going to go through and run a few things on the back end here but I'm not sure if it will help.

No matter what I do I can't reproduce an issue on my end.

Maple

Reaction score
Probably ATT not updating the DNS record. If you wanted, you could try changing to a public DNS like Google's, but you could also just wait for a day or so.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Probably ATT not updating the DNS record. If you wanted, you could try changing to a public DNS like Google's, but you could also just wait for a day or so.

That actually makes sense now that I think about it.

Trfnj74

Reaction score
I think it must be a cellular issue, possibly if someone tried to access the site on cellular while the migration was taking place possibly it saved some setting. Have you cleared your browsers cache, history etc? I know you said you have but maybe try again. Does the main site load and just not the forum or both? I am going to go through and run a few things on the back end here but I'm not sure if it will help.

No matter what I do I can't reproduce an issue on my end.

The main site and the forum produce the same error. I will try to clear the browser cache again...

Thanks for the support with this!

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The main site and the forum produce the same error. I will try to clear the browser cache again...

Thanks for the support with this!

No problem, you could possibly even try re-booting your phone as well if you haven't already. What @Maple mentioned does make sense AT&T could possibly have not updated the DNS record yet, in that case it shouldn't be too long until it does start working.

I have checked on my iPhone XS Max both on Network and on Wifi with both chrome and safari and am not getting any error at all, that said I am not with AT&T.

Trfnj74

Reaction score
No problem, you could possibly even try re-booting your phone as well if you haven't already. What @Maple mentioned does make sense AT&T could possibly have not updated the DNS record yet, in that case it shouldn't be too long until it does start working.

I have checked on my iPhone XS Max both on Network and on Wifi with both chrome and safari and am not getting any error at all, that said I am not with AT&T.

Update : iphone has access now through ATT, just started this morning.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine was back down again this afternoon. Works great on WiFi, but no dice on cellular data. Resets and restarts have no effect. AT&T via iPhone XS. No issues with any other website.

Trfnj74

Reaction score
Mine was back down again this afternoon. Works great on WiFi, but no dice on cellular data. Resets and restarts have no effect. AT&T via iPhone XS. No issues with any other website.

Yes I lost it too this afternoon, it worked fine this morning. It definitely something to do with ATT! Its very frustrating, like you said every other website works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread