5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nitrogen?

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After I bought my Ram, the salesman said something about nitrogen filled tires. Am I ok to just add regulate air in my tires? Do I have to just use nitrogen? What’s the deal with this?

Maple

Reaction score
You can fill it up with regular air (which is ~78% nitrogen anyway).

79 300

Reaction score
You can add plain air, your nitrogen will just be a little less "pure" in the tire. Air is 78% nitrogen anyway. The main thing with nitrogen filled tires is they have less moisture in them, and pressure will vary less for any temperature changes. There are many articles on this, but most see it as a dealer money making extra like paint protection .

Sooliman

Reaction score
free at costco never pay for it
Free at Costco, they’ll check / regulate the pressure anytime, but make no mistake.....temperature fluctuations still change the pressures of tires. It’s maybe slightly more stable, but rubber still expands and contracts....don’t pay for nitrogen fill.....ever....just be happy when you get it free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/