5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night Edition Issue

Smerberj

Reaction score
So I have a 2020 Night Edition and noticed that in the description for the Night Edition you get dual exhaust with black tips. I only have a single exhaust with no tip, I understand I have the Pentastar but that is irrelevant as the website does not mention that as a disqualifying factor for the dual exhaust with black tips. So I contacted RAM and told them about my issue, I'm currently awaiting word back from RAM. I payed an upcharge of $1,995 for this package and I expect to get everything in the description, including my dual exhaust with black tips. I'll let you guys know what RAM says.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I have a 2020 Night Edition and noticed that in the description for the Night Edition you get dual exhaust with black tips. I only have a single exhaust with no tip, I understand I have the Pentastar but that is irrelevant as the website does not mention that as a disqualifying factor for the dual exhaust with black tips. So I contacted RAM and told them about my issue, I'm currently awaiting word back from RAM. I payed an upcharge of $1,995 for this package and I expect to get everything in the description, including my dual exhaust with black tips. I'll let you guys know what RAM says.
Just did a build and price, dual tips are listed but the image shows a side exhaust with the Penta-star.
Did it with Hemi and image shows dual exhaust... Looks like a FCA screw-up.

Smerberj

Reaction score
Well Ram Customer Care got back to me regarding my issue. They sent me this: 20200124_011018.jpg
Not quite sure what document he's referring to. Because this screen shot (directly from RAMS website) contradicts his documents. Screenshot_20200123-191319_Chrome.jpg

Rototerrier

Reaction score
Your best bet will be to keep on top of your service records and take it in for every single thing that breaks. You'll eventually hit something they can't fix within your lemon law rights and then you can pursue having them buy it back. If you are picky enough it probably won't be too hard. These trucks are riddled with Gremlins.

Tkshaffer

Reaction score
Not trying to be unsympathetic but you can tell when you build that the picture shows a single exhaust. Yes, they should have (v8 only) in text next to dual exhaust. That said you are getting a ton of other items for the 2k so it isn’t like you paid 2k for dual tips alone. Your truck is optioned how it should be, don’t let a small oversight on the wording stop you from enjoying it.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well Ram Customer Care got back to me regarding my issue. They sent me this: View attachment 44901
Not quite sure what document he's referring to. Because this screen shot (directly from RAMS website) contradicts his documents. View attachment 44902
Clearly it was an oversite on their part to not include “V8 only”. An educated consumer should know that the V6 does not have dual exhaust. Were you expecting them to take your truck back, install a new bumper and fabricate you a custom exhaust with dual tips?

Smerberj

Reaction score
Clearly it was an oversite on their part to not include “V8 only”. An educated consumer should know that the V6 does not have dual exhaust. Were you expecting them to take your truck back, install a new bumper and fabricate you a custom exhaust with dual tips?
The V8 exhaust will bolt directly to the V6 truck, an educated person can tell the V8 and V6 are built on the same chassis.

BeeLDub

Reaction score
It may bolt to the truck, but not to the engine.....

This is also why the site has this little bit:
1579868576040.png

I learned a long time ago, the builder is no completely accurate, in the description, the pricing, the images, any of it, there are always mistakes. It will even let you add parts you are not able to add. And they know this and do very little to fix it. Which is why they state you need to see your dealer for full pricing and details.

I can get why you're upset, but it won't get you anywhere with them.

Smerberj

Reaction score
It may bolt to the truck, but not to the engine.....

This is also why the site has this little bit:
View attachment 44903

I learned a long time ago, the builder is no completely accurate, in the description, the pricing, the images, any of it, there are always mistakes. It will even let you add parts you are not able to add. And they know this and do very little to fix it. Which is why they state you need to see your dealer for full pricing and details.

I can get why you're upset, but it won't get you anywhere with them.
I know what you mean, I built a Bighorn last night and I could no longer choose the 12 inch screen. Well my Bighorn has the 12 inch screen so HA!

Smerberj

Reaction score
So I submitted a complaint to FCA and they emailed me a survey, I did the survey (took me an hour) and about 2 hours later I received a call. I made sure in the survey to mention the lack of the dual exhaust and black tips every chance I got. Anyway, the FCA representative explained to me that it was a mistake and that the Pentastars do not come with dual exhausts, only the Hemis do HOWEVER due to the website not informing me of that I was offered the option of receiving the dual exhaust and bumper or a $450 refund. I think I'll take the dual exhaust and bumper, the parts need to be shipped to my local dealer and a work order will be placed for my VIN #. Mission accomplished.

Rototerrier

Reaction score
Wow. I'm actually impressed for once that they are stepping up that easily and taking care of you. Gotta give them credit on this one. Good job!

deanfx

Reaction score
I'm just curious, did you buy the truck sight unseen? Or just didn't look at the exhaust?

Smerberj

Reaction score
I'm just curious, did you buy the truck sight unseen? Or just didn't look at the exhaust?
I custom ordered it at the dealer, brought them the paperwork I printed out from RAMS website. Just went back and rebuilt my truck and noticed it was missing the exhaust. Truck is going in on Monday for a water leak, I'll see when the parts are available.

tcm4950

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I submitted a complaint to FCA and they emailed me a survey, I did the survey (took me an hour) and about 2 hours later I received a call. I made sure in the survey to mention the lack of the dual exhaust and black tips every chance I got. Anyway, the FCA representative explained to me that it was a mistake and that the Pentastars do not come with dual exhausts, only the Hemis do HOWEVER due to the website not informing me of that I was offered the option of receiving the dual exhaust and bumper or a $450 refund. I think I'll take the dual exhaust and bumper, the parts need to be shipped to my local dealer and a work order will be placed for my VIN #. Mission accomplished.
Good for you
Wow, good job on getting it right. Excellent customer service on their part

Users who are viewing this thread