5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie suspension/tire question for ya

HotStuff

Reaction score
Picking up my new truck soon, and trying to figure out what tires and wheels I want to go with. It's a black crew cab, 5'7" bed, off road package, 3.92 gears, 33gal tank, on stock 18's. I don't really want to lift it, except maybe a 1" level up front. And I would like to keep 18's but I'm not opposed to going to 20's. There's a set of stock chrome clad 20's for sale locally for 600 I thought would look pretty good. But anyhow, what size tires/wheels would you recommend? I would really like white letter tires if I stay with 18's.. I'm old school.... Lol

Thanks guys! Post pics of similar setups. I've looked but can't find much.

Screenshot_20181208-135727~2.png

Lateralus

Reaction score
Stick with the 18s and go with 275/70. Most of the tires in that size are load range E, so they'll be a bit heavier and ride a bit stiffer.

If you go with the Ram 20" wheels be aware that they are 9" wide, so a wider tire looks a bit better on them. I went with 295/55
NewSM.JPG

HotStuff

Reaction score
Ya, I'm really looking for some Laramie polished 20's.... And I'll go with whatever tire size I feel for the look I want. The problem with the 18's, is that the 275/70's just aren't enough bigger than the stock 275/65's that come on the truck. I'd probably go with a 285 or 295... I like the chunky look.

Users who are viewing this thread