5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newb: 2021 RAM 1500 Laramie Crew Cab- Billet Silver w/Night Edition

Rawyzf

Reaction score
Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I picked up a 2021 RAM 1500 Laramie Crew Cab- Billet Silver w/Night Edition on Friday. I've been eyeballing the 5th Gens for about 2 yrs now, and finally decided that now was the time (sold my 2009 Chrysler Aspen 5.7 Hemi).

I really like this color combo, Silver with Black. My only dislike is the 22" Wheels. I like the tires to be a bit fluffier. I like the style of the wheel, just wish it were 18" or 20". So, at some point I'll probably downsize the wheel (keeping the same or slightly larger OD). I also need to do some research on Leveling and what size OD tire will fit, without a level or lift.

Attaching 2 pics (to damn cold to get good pics yet), and 1 extra pic of the Billet Silver up close.

RAM_1.jpg RAM_2.jpg RAM_3.jpg

Rawyzf

Reaction score
Found my wheel and tire solution. Found a set of takeoff 18" Rebel wheels with the 275/70 Duratracs.

Burnzie

Reaction score
Welcome from a Minnesotan to a Minnesotan
Silver Rocks!!!!!!

Rawyzf

Reaction score
Soooooo nice!

Ours will take up every bit of room in our garage as well head to tail.

Yeah.....it takes up a lot of space! Luckily, on that side of the garage I have a tandem stall (some call it a deep 3rd), but I have work bench and stuff back there. So the nose of the RAM in invading that space! I need to move the beer fridge back into the tandem stall too. Guess that's more beer for me while working in there.

Rawyzf

Reaction score
Been a busy week with the Ram! Thurs/Fri replaced the HK speakers in the Dash and in the rear Roof Liner with Kickers. Then replaced the Rear Door HK Speakers with Kickers as well. Today, had the Borla 40353 muffler put in, to replace the factory muffler.

For the Speakers, the biggest upgrade is the rear doors. You can finally feel the music from the doors. HK speakers are not bad by any means, but I wanted more clarity at higher levels and the Kickers did that for me. There are far better products out there, but I did all this under $250.

The Borla, I've only driven 5 miles on it, but I am glad I did it. I can finally hear the truck while I accelerate. I will say there is a little 4cyl mode sound, as it is amplified by the Borla, but I heard it before with the oem muffler, so it doesn't bother me. Highway speeds, you don't even know it is there.

Not sure what is next, trying to decide if I should do the front doors, or leave them alone. No complaints on the sound quality coming from them, I'd only do them to remain consistent with the rest of the speakers now.

Burnzie

Reaction score
I see snow on the shoulder in the background in last picture, you still have snow on the ground down there, or is it an old picture, our snow up-nort has been gone for a while.

Rawyzf

Reaction score
I see snow on the shoulder in the background in last picture, you still have snow on the ground down there, or is it an old picture, our snow up-nort has been gone for a while.
That was a couple weeks ago....sun doesn't get that side of the road well :)

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been a busy week with the Ram! Thurs/Fri replaced the HK speakers in the Dash and in the rear Roof Liner with Kickers. Then replaced the Rear Door HK Speakers with Kickers as well. Today, had the Borla 40353 muffler put in, to replace the factory muffler.

For the Speakers, the biggest upgrade is the rear doors. You can finally feel the music from the doors. HK speakers are not bad by any means, but I wanted more clarity at higher levels and the Kickers did that for me. There are far better products out there, but I did all this under $250.

The Borla, I've only driven 5 miles on it, but I am glad I did it. I can finally hear the truck while I accelerate. I will say there is a little 4cyl mode sound, as it is amplified by the Borla, but I heard it before with the oem muffler, so it doesn't bother me. Highway speeds, you don't even know it is there.

Not sure what is next, trying to decide if I should do the front doors, or leave them alone. No complaints on the sound quality coming from them, I'd only do them to remain consistent with the rest of the speakers now.
How are you liking the 40353 muffler so far? any regrets?

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How are you liking the 40353 muffler so far? any regrets?
I have the same one on mine and I love it. Been on over a year now. Good sound, zero drone and basically silent at cruising speed.

Black19

Reaction score
Are you both still liking the Borla 40353?
I’ve had a magnaflow 24” on my last Ram…now have 2019 and ready for a little more noise, but wife does not want the “drone” on the highway.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you both still liking the Borla 40353?
I’ve had a magnaflow 24” on my last Ram…now have 2019 and ready for a little more noise, but wife does not want the “drone” on the highway.
Yep. I recently deleted the rear resonators to give it some more sound and fell in love all over again.

Users who are viewing this thread