5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Youtube reviews?

YoutubeRealTimeReviews

Reaction score
Hey guys, as you may or may not know, I have a small youtube channel. I keep uploading and I'm wondering if I still should....if anyone on here watches or enjoys my videos? I just uploaded two new ones....check them out if you get a chance and let me know what you think please.

MY RAM

MY RAM 12 INCH UCONNECT REVIEW

Attachments

• IMG_20210323_131932_044.jpg
    IMG_20210323_131932_044.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 21

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I keep uploading and I'm wondering if I still should....if anyone on here watches or enjoys my videos?

I’m going to take your post at face value instead of veiled-self-promotion. Know I mean well and I’m not intentionally being an ***, but your profile & post just looks like you’re marketing yourself.

I’m quoting the relevant portion here. why are you asking these questions of yourself? If you’re making YouTube videos to earn a living, make money, get popular, unfortunately you’re already at the losing end of things. I’m happy to chat via PM but take stock in what your goals are for your channel. You can sell-out, use click bait titles, be sensational, start drama, call out other channels and just sort of be a ******* and you’ll get a decent amount of views but that audience is very....fleeting. YouTubers who get popular have a 3-5 year shelf life if they’re lucky. Blow up too big and the fall is even harder. If the goal is to quit your job, just be careful what you wish for.

I have a YouTube Channel and make about 10 grand a year every year and it goes up about $1500 a year. It’s not a living but I’ve never done it for the money, the attention, fame, etc. I make videos for me as a diary and cataloguing my life and experiences and while I’ve never had a ‘hit video’, I’ve also never had to deal with drama or have my day job on the line because of some stupid internet BS. I’ve been publishing videos to YouTube since 2005. I’ve been tweeting since 2006 and I’ve had an active blog since 1999 and none of these have ever been ‘quit your day job money’ because I create because I enjoy it, not to make money.

Make videos you want to make, be good to people, enjoy the craft, celebrate your successes and just enjoy putting yourself out there and the money & views will come.

If you want to quit, then quit but quit for yourself, not because people aren’t watching your videos. Good luck!

PS: Nice truck!

YoutubeRealTimeReviews

Reaction score
I’m going to take your post at face value instead of veiled-self-promotion. Know I mean well and I’m not intentionally being an ***, but your profile & post just looks like you’re marketing yourself.

I’m quoting the relevant portion here. why are you asking these questions of yourself? If you’re making YouTube videos to earn a living, make money, get popular, unfortunately you’re already at the losing end of things. I’m happy to chat via PM but take stock in what your goals are for your channel. You can sell-out, use click bait titles, be sensational, start drama, call out other channels and just sort of be a ******* and you’ll get a decent amount of views but that audience is very....fleeting. YouTubers who get popular have a 3-5 year shelf life if they’re lucky. Blow up too big and the fall is even harder. If the goal is to quit your job, just be careful what you wish for.

I have a YouTube Channel and make about 10 grand a year every year and it goes up about $1500 a year. It’s not a living but I’ve never done it for the money, the attention, fame, etc. I make videos for me as a diary and cataloguing my life and experiences and while I’ve never had a ‘hit video’, I’ve also never had to deal with drama or have my day job on the line because of some stupid internet BS. I’ve been publishing videos to YouTube since 2005. I’ve been tweeting since 2006 and I’ve had an active blog since 1999 and none of these have ever been ‘quit your day job money’ because I create because I enjoy it, not to make money.

Make videos you want to make, be good to people, enjoy the craft, celebrate your successes and just enjoy putting yourself out there and the money & views will come.

If you want to quit, then quit but quit for yourself, not because people aren’t watching your videos. Good luck!

Thanks for the post. Just so you know I'm not doing it for the money. In fact I have never made a $1. I only do it for fun and the few people who say they like my videos. It's a tough gig though, I struggle to get views a subscribers with my new truck where as with my last truck (2019 ridgeline) it did very well. I'm not sure the issue. Anyways I'll keep trying. Thanks for the post.

doolin64

Reaction score

Wait...are you driving a Ram now? (we've chatted on Advrider - I had Beta 390, now a KTM 690 let's ride together this year).

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the post. Just so you know I'm not doing it for the money. In fact I have never made a $1. I only do it for fun and the few people who say they like my videos. It's a tough gig though, I struggle to get views a subscribers with my new truck where as with my last truck (2019 ridgeline) it did very well. I'm not sure the issue. Anyways I'll keep trying. Thanks for the post.

No problem. I like your videos. Keep it up!

Wait...are you driving a Ram now? (we've chatted on Advrider - I had Beta 390, now a KTM 690 let's ride together this year).

Howdy! The Internet is a small place. Yep, well I have one on order. Looking at about 12 weeks out for delivery.

Congrats on the 690!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread