5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New York 1500’s

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have their wheels powder coated black? I saw on a thread somewhere two places in LI were mentioned.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can't decide between Max steel, granite, and now black. Was never a big fan of black but it looks sharp with the chrome. How does it look when not freshly washed? I know you'll love it but what's the dirt, swirls, etc. Does it appear more metallic black or more flat.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can't decide between Max steel, granite, and now black. Was never a big fan of black but it looks sharp with the chrome. How does it look when not freshly washed? I know you'll love it but what's the dirt, swirls, etc. Does it appear more metallic black or more flat.

Tough decision. My thoughts: Max steel is very cool and a unique vehicle color and looks best with the chrome grill and bumpers. Probably would be my first choice if I didn’t want the Sport look. But when I saw mine (while shopping for a used truck btw) I loved the way the black looked with the sport package (black grill/bumpers, door handles, black on black interior) combined with just a few small chrome elements on the new body with the chrome clad wheels, so I bought it. The Granite color looks good with chrome grill/bumpers too but i think it looks best with color matching grill/bumpers and blacked out wheels and badging. So depends on if or how you plan on modifying it. I want black wheels on a second set of tires (off road or winter) which looks cool and is obv very popular on black trucks.

So far the black paint hasn’t shown obvious swirl marks although I guess I haven’t looked real close after the last few automated car washes and towel drying. It is definitely more metallic than flat even when a little dirty. Only thing that looks bad on the black is the dried road salt. Luckily it hasn’t snowed that much this winter.

jnightingale73

Reaction score
NYer here, just bought my black 2019 Bighorn on Feb 15th. Having the wheels powder coated black by a guy my friend at the dealer knows, and also planning to black out some of the emblems. I'll post pics when thats all done.

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
NYer here, just bought my black 2019 Bighorn on Feb 15th. Having the wheels powder coated black by a guy my friend at the dealer knows, and also planning to black out some of the emblems. I'll post pics when thats all done.
Awesome. Good luck with it. Can’t wait to see it.

Mechaero19

Reaction score

Get Granite, the sparkle in the sun is so nice. Sorry no sun in this picture, but the Granit looks Stealth

RAM.jpg

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad to find a NY post section! I just got a 19 White Ram I'll get some pics up as soon as all the snow goes away.

Great! More snow/rain expected around here over the weekend.

Last edited:

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Two months since I popped the hood. Refilled washer fluid. Surprised to see how clean its staying under there! 13C565F4-E38E-4989-80C5-882918C4D0AF.jpeg

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FYI ... automated car washes and the accompanying towel dry (with cheap towels), surface scratched the hell out of the paint. Wax and buff needed soon. But it’s a truck, not a Ferrari, so im not too upset.

Attachments

• B8A536CA-6543-48ED-B954-E56E1C41C699.jpeg
    B8A536CA-6543-48ED-B954-E56E1C41C699.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 70

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have rain sensing wipers because Rain-X is a no-no.

Use of Rain-X or products containing wax or silicone may reduce Rain Sensing performance

Thanks for that info but no, I do not have rain sensing wipers.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
KZ today! Just waiting to be shipped to my dealer in NY. Hey all you NYers:
  1. How long did your truck sit in KZ (shipping status)
  2. Once shipped, how long did it take to get to your dealer?
  3. Anyone know if it goes by rail or the full distance by truck transport to NY?

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
KZ today! Just waiting to be shipped to my dealer in NY. Hey all you NYers:
  1. How long did your truck sit in KZ (shipping status)
  2. Once shipped, how long did it take to get to your dealer?
  3. Anyone know if it goes by rail or the full distance by truck transport to NY?

Sorry, can’t help you here. Got mine off the lot (on impulse lol).

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone get extended warranty through insurance company? Geico says 7 year / 1000,000 miles for $30 a year for 7 years. That only $210! Too Good???

So I was getting my Insurance Binder set up today for the auto loan paperwork and Geico mentioned to me that I can purchase an Bumper to Bumper Extended Warranty through them of 7 years / 100,000 miles for $30 per year for either the 7 years or 100,000 miles (whichever comes first). I only drive about 8,000 miles a year, so going to definitely be the 7 years. So that's $210 for 7 years (really +2 years after FCA warranty). Does this sound too good to be true?? I saw people posting about buying extended warranties through FCA from a few dealers and they were $1,000 to $2,000+.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
How good is the coverage? FCA parts, dealers accept it?
Sounds way too good to be true, but is is Geico so they are reputable, and she said it is bumper to bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread