5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New wheels

Pnorth

Reaction score
Trying to find what aftermarket wheels will fit and hence looking for the offset on the original 22” and 20” wheels. I know they are 9” wide but could some one be of help with the ET/offset?

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
+19 offset stock

Personally, I am looking at going with +1 or possibly even 20x10 -12 offset on my aftermarket set

Pnorth

Reaction score
+19 offset stock

Personally, I am looking at going with +1 or possibly even 20x10 -12 offset on my aftermarket set

Thanks! I’ve found a 20x9 +12 offset wheel that I would like to buy, but I need to keep it under the fender - not sticking out. But since I don’t have the original offset I have no idea what a + 12 offset will result in, but with the 19+ stock I can now calculate. Thanks again!

Last edited:

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stock 20s are +19.5 offset I believe. My aftermarket are +10 offset with 275/65 tires. I think they sit in the fender quite nicely. Dont have a close up at the fender unfortunately.

Attachments

• 20180612_174309.jpg
    20180612_174309.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 351
  • 20180613_154117.jpg
    20180613_154117.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 339

Pnorth

Reaction score
That's a good looking wheel...
Thanks - think so too :) and why I so badly wanted them to fit. Turns out though that it only sits 7mm further out and I guess that is no problem and still keeping them inside - more up to the tire I guess?

John813

Reaction score
They look great! Thanks for sharing! I use the tiresize.com offset calculation tool for the most when wanting to change and find that very helpful. The wheels I am looking at are these:

Who makes that?

I need it.

Looks familar to the Vorsteiner VVR20 but I thought that came in a 6x135 bolt pattern

Last edited:

Pnorth

Reaction score
Who makes that?

I need it.
Vorsteiner started making truck wheels not long ago under the brand name Venomrex. This is the model 601 20x9 et12 and it is for a Raptor , but they offered to drill and machine the Ram 2019 boltpattern for me. It comes in black, gold and a graphite + some special colors, like this brushed tinted. You’ll find it at Venomrex.com They’re also coming out with previous gen and 2019 wheels in November/December - the 602 model. I just placed an order for the same as in the picture, drilled for 2019 Ram.

Last edited:

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks - think so too :) and why I so badly wanted them to fit. Turns out though that it only sits 7mm further out and I guess that is no problem and still keeping them inside - more up to the tire I guess?
Good looking wheel. Mine are +10 so it will sit about the same. It doesnt stick out it's about even with the edge of the fender.

Pnorth

Reaction score
Good looking wheel. Mine are +10 so it will sit about the same. It doesnt stick out it's about even with the edge of the fender.
Yours sit great too. Do you know app how much you had from the original wheel out to the edge of the fender? Also, I see your tire makes out to be a 34,1? Is there more room or are you on the edge of needing a lift?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yours sit great too. Do you know app how much you had from the original wheel out to the edge of the fender? Also, I see your tire makes out to be a 34,1? Is there more room or are you on the edge of needing a lift?
34s may be the biggest you could fit without a level. Maybe 34.5. I leveled it two days later so I never measured. Woth the leveling kit I've got room for 35s, although I would have to watch the width.

Pnorth

Reaction score
34s may be the biggest you could fit without a level. Maybe 34.5. I leveled it two days later so I never measured. Woth the leveling kit I've got room for 35s, although I would have to watch the width.
Great, thanks! Yes I can see the width needs to be kept down around 11" or your 275. I'll play with it a bit when I get both wheels and truck and see what looks nice and works best. I've asked them to shave off 3mm so I'll get 15 offset.

Pnorth

Reaction score
Thanks, Blazn. Great picture! Those wheel wells look fairly well filled up. Would you happen to have one that shows how far your tires stick out? Which ceramic tint are you using? And does the windshield and roof do a good job blocking heat?

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those that are Costco members, they currently have a sale on Velox wheels. I paid $700 out the door. In fact I bought two different sets, one set for summer and the other to mount my winters. If you order in store shipping is free.
https://www.veloxwheel.com/order/select-wheel/?vehicle=30898

Attachments

• F559FE8B-1929-48AD-B8C9-F0E74ADFEFD7.png
    F559FE8B-1929-48AD-B8C9-F0E74ADFEFD7.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 94

Pnorth

Reaction score
They look great! Thanks for sharing! I use the tiresize.com offset calculation tool for the most when wanting to change and find that very helpful. The wheels I am looking at are these:

View attachment 2737
I placed an order for the Venomrex 601 wheels and the service offered deserves a mention. Originally this wheel has a Ford bolt circle, but they’re drilling and machining a Ram bolt circle as well as shaving off 3 mm on the backside to get me an offset closer to original. This means I will be at +15 instead of +19 original and which then means a close to nothing difference. I am impressed to find a manufacturer willing to do this - and it was them offering, not me asking, since I didn’t even think it would be possible. Thanks!

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Thanks, Blazn. Great picture! Those wheel wells look fairly well filled up. Would you happen to have one that shows how far your tires stick out? Which ceramic tint are you using? And does the windshield and roof do a good job blocking heat?
They sit flush...I'll take a pic when the sun is back out.

I have Johnson Automotive ceramic but that's only due to that being the only kind in town, I'd prefer Huber Optiks or LLumar. Yes is does make a huge difference...it's anywhere from a 10 to 15 degree difference without tint....today it was 100° in my vehicle with the panoramic shield open it was 109 in the cabin...without tint it would have been easily into the 120s...the real benefit is how quickly I can get my cabin to cool down...it use to take 20 minutes minimum before I was comfortable....now maybe 5 mins

Pnorth

Reaction score
Thanks again, Blazn! Great help with wheels, tires and also tint! Appreciate that!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread