5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Truck Camper "1/2 ton owners rejoice"

RamMeToo

Reaction score
Be curious to hear the forums thoughts on putting this in a Limited (most have very similar payload capacity). Their website states 1/2 ton truck owners rejoice.

https://www.lancecamper.com/truck-campers/650/

It has a dry weight of 1,700 lbs. Seems there would be very few if any 1/2 ton trucks that along with some personal items and 2 passengers, could safely carry this??? Am I mistaken?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, a quad cab tradesman 2wd may if you weigh less than 200lbs.

A few people seem to think it is okay to go over payload if you don't go over axle load, the GAWR is 4100 lbs.

I sure wouldn't, seems it fits in the bed is about the only good thing.

I would definitely put it in the truck and take it for a long ride before I would buy it.

Sure would be cool if it worked.

D

Deleted member 85

Neat idea, however, Lance is definitely riding on looking for clients who don't mind voiding their warranty, getting pulled over by commercial law enforcement, or being sued should they get into an accident while being over pay-load.

I don't really understand the marketing here.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$25-30k. Yikes. For that price you could get a great tow trailer with no worries about exceeding payload capacity.

I agree it’s a neat idea, and for some it could be a viable option for remote camping.

If I lose 50#, drive with less than a 1/2 tank of fuel and leave my wife at home, I’ll be fine!

2A1554D4-6885-4DA5-805E-533C044BD16C.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread