5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New truck and Ram owner

JenFid

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First time truck and so obviously first time Ram owner here! This forum has already been quite helpful so I figured I’d make a post and introduce myself.

Long story short my husband and I are new hunters and have been getting more into the outdoors these past few years. This year especially it became obvious we were going to need a truck pretty soon to handle some of the rougher roads and more space for storing gear/animals, light towing. Original plan was pay off the last of our student debt (~2 years worth) and I’d turn in my 2008 Nissan Rogue and spend ~$30-$40k on a nice used truck.

As chance would have it I was the victim of a hit and run (head on) a week before Xmas. I came out mostly unscathed but my Rogue was totaled. I got a decent payout for it and after much thought decided to lease a 2019 Ram (details in my sig), take some of my Rogue $ for upgrades (slush mats, running boards, tonneau cover, bed liner), and put the rest of the cash against the student loans.

I’m LOVING the truck so far (picked up 1/3). I was picky about what I wanted, apparently it’s hard to find a V6 with the heated seat package, but my dealer did an admirable job finding one out of state and bringing it back here to MN. I was planning on buying out at the end of the lease but we’ll see at the end of the lease, I might want to hop into a Rebel next :). 20190106_151048.jpg

S

Smashy71

Hi everyone,

First time truck and so obviously first time Ram owner here! This forum has already been quite helpful so I figured I’d make a post and introduce myself.

Long story short my husband and I are new hunters and have been getting more into the outdoors these past few years. This year especially it became obvious we were going to need a truck pretty soon to handle some of the rougher roads and more space for storing gear/animals, light towing. Original plan was pay off the last of our student debt (~2 years worth) and I’d turn in my 2008 Nissan Rogue and spend ~$30-$40k on a nice used truck.

As chance would have it I was the victim of a hit and run (head on) a week before Xmas. I came out mostly unscathed but my Rogue was totaled. I got a decent payout for it and after much thought decided to lease a 2019 Ram (details in my sig), take some of my Rogue $ for upgrades (slush mats, running boards, tonneau cover, bed liner), and put the rest of the cash against the student loans.

I’m LOVING the truck so far (picked up 1/3). I was picky about what I wanted, apparently it’s hard to find a V6 with the heated seat package, but my dealer did an admirable job finding one out of state and bringing it back here to MN. I was planning on buying out at the end of the lease but we’ll see at the end of the lease, I might want to hop into a Rebel next :). View attachment 14170

Yes to the rebel. Worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread