5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New tires, Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus II XL. 285/45 R22

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I finally had enough of the OEM Goodyears. Poor uneven wear, loud and terrible handling when it's wet. Decided to go with these. I live in Florida, I rarely go north enough to ever see snow. I've used Pirelli P7's on my Cadillac ELR before and they were amazingly quiet and wore great, and that PHEV was tough on tires.

They have great reviews on tirerack. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...rde+All+Season+Plus+II&partnum=845HR2SVASP2XL

I've had them on for a week and they are doing really well. Nearly silent. Radio can stay on 6 instead of 14. Very smooth feel and snappier turning. My first tight turn surprised me. No more half *** squishy turns like the OEM tires had. Had crazy storms here Sunday and Monday. They drove amazing in torrential rain. I'd have been in 4wd mode with the goodyears and still uncomfortable. These tires handled it without complaint and felt great. No feeling of slipping or uneasiness. The OEM goodyears were not worn out, still had about 5/32 left.

It's a much better truck with good tires. At least for me, tirerack doesn't charge shipping, or sales tax and can get them overnight. My local tire place only charges me $15 a tire for mount and balance. Getting 2 years of free road hazard is just gravy and I've used it before with other tires, for sidewall damage without hassles.

Highly recommend these tires for street trucks.

BigEarl62

Reaction score
I ran these Pirelli’s on my previous vehicle, a VW Touareg, and overall great tire. They lasted 2 years so expect similar wear on the Ram, maybe a little less. The Touareg was 4 wheel drive all the time and weighed around 4900 pounds. They will be my go to tire when I replace the factory Goodyear’s too.

Users who are viewing this thread