5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Purchase...

RaysFanBoy

Reaction score
So I am far from a truck guy, and have never purchased a Chrysler product in my life. Mostly the blue oval and GM sports cars. A few years ago I got tired of trying to keep my 2016 Camaro SS in mint condition while hauling around 2 small children, so I bought my first ever truck. 2017 Tacoma. I fell in love with owning the truck, not necessarily the Tacoma, but having the ability to haul kids, adults, supplies and big boy toys.

After several months I quickly realized that at 6’3” the Tacoma was anything but comfortable for me and any passenger that may have to sit behind me. Right about the same time I got my first glimpse of the new 5th gen Ram and wow! It maked all other trucks look dated and weak.

I began trolling the World Wide Web looking for deals and finally after about 6 months I came across a deal I could not resist. So I made contact with the dealer via phone, text and email and have agreed upon final numbers. So if all goes as it’s supposed to I should have a crew cab granite Ram Rebel /4x4/5.7/ 12 inch U Connect tomorrow (fingers crossed). The build date on the vehicle is 12/18. My question to everyone is are there any known issues, problems, or commonly damaged areas I need to look for prior to taking possession of the truck?

Super excited and any help or advise is welcomed. Thanks everyone.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the site and congrats (nearly / almost) on the new rig.
I have been on here reading and digging and saving links as well while my new rig is being built as we speak.

There are plenty of threads here and a great one with the check list used when picking up the vehicle (I added some things to mine mostly just to remember any questions I need to ask the dealer before handing over my Durango R/T keys).

I'll edit and post up a few links for you in a bit (unless someone beats me to it).

Tim N

if you have an Excel reader, I attached my copy for my rig when it gets here from the factory. I edited items to match what I am getting but used the above link for guidance. I'm still editing and updating each day/week after I read posts on this awesome site from Ram owners. (This will be my first RAM truck - I know EVERY vehicle has issues and I can fix most of them but will first see if the dealer will TSB or RECALL prior to that). - scratch that, the site does not allow those. I'll save as PDF instead.

Not Sure what options you have but :

Attachments

• Delivery Checklist.pdf
    125.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

RaysFanBoy

Reaction score
Welcome to the site and congrats (nearly / almost) on the new rig.
I have been on here reading and digging and saving links as well while my new rig is being built as we speak.

There are plenty of threads here and a great one with the check list used when picking up the vehicle (I added some things to mine mostly just to remember any questions I need to ask the dealer before handing over my Durango R/T keys).

I'll edit and post up a few links for you in a bit (unless someone beats me to it).

Tim N

if you have an Excel reader, I attached my copy for my rig when it gets here from the factory. I edited items to match what I am getting but used the above link for guidance. I'm still editing and updating each day/week after I read posts on this awesome site from Ram owners. (This will be my first RAM truck - I know EVERY vehicle has issues and I can fix most of them but will first see if the dealer will TSB or RECALL prior to that). - scratch that, the site does not allow those. I'll save as PDF instead.

Not Sure what options you have but :

Great. Thanks. That checklist will come in handy.

Today I Placed the down payment to hold the vehicle (non refundable). Will be picking up Monday. I got those Christmas Eve jitters and it’s gonna be difficult to sleep!! Love it!

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
HAHAHAH! I feel the same way myself .. and I won't even get mine until August or so :(

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I am far from a truck guy, and have never purchased a Chrysler product in my life. Mostly the blue oval and GM sports cars. A few years ago I got tired of trying to keep my 2016 Camaro SS in mint condition while hauling around 2 small children, so I bought my first ever truck. 2017 Tacoma. I fell in love with owning the truck, not necessarily the Tacoma, but having the ability to haul kids, adults, supplies and big boy toys.

After several months I quickly realized that at 6’3” the Tacoma was anything but comfortable for me and any passenger that may have to sit behind me. Right about the same time I got my first glimpse of the new 5th gen Ram and wow! It maked all other trucks look dated and weak.

I began trolling the World Wide Web looking for deals and finally after about 6 months I came across a deal I could not resist. So I made contact with the dealer via phone, text and email and have agreed upon final numbers. So if all goes as it’s supposed to I should have a crew cab granite Ram Rebel /4x4/5.7/ 12 inch U Connect tomorrow (fingers crossed). The build date on the vehicle is 12/18. My question to everyone is are there any known issues, problems, or commonly damaged areas I need to look for prior to taking possession of the truck?

Super excited and any help or advise is welcomed. Thanks everyone.
Don’t just check the AC to make sure it comes on. Bring a small, HVAC thermometer with you and check how cold the AC blows out the center vents with the AC set on its lowest setting. Many of us on here have poorly performing ACs and a lot of us have resorted to clamping off the heater core hose to get tolerable cold air. It’s a well known problem and a shame that an otherwise great truck has such a poor AC. Good luck to you.

Users who are viewing this thread