5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Problem with the 12.1 Uconnect and Android Auto

druchala

Reaction score
So when I plug my phone in (Pixel 2XL) and use Google Maps I lose half my sound when Google maps give Navigation information. Now yes I know that is part of the design. However the problem is that when the prompt is done my drive side speakers are still muted and it does not relinquish control back to Uconnect. I am unable to turn my radio volume back up until I unplug my phone. Anyone else experience this?

banditsc

Reaction score
I get that also.. I notice it most when I get a message or something on my phone, it mutes the drivers side speakers and doesn't unmute until I unplug the phone. I have the 8.4

druchala

Reaction score
For anyone who is having this problem it is only for Android Auto. Seems Google broke something in the lastest October Security update. They have fixed it but it no eta on when it will be rolled out. My guess would be in the November update. Link for reference. https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/117266817

banditsc

Reaction score
I got a Android Auto update about 4 hours ago . I just tested it, but have the same issue, guess will have to wait for another update.

surfingcrna

Reaction score

SSR

Reaction score
I have this same problem with my original Pixel XL. I have the 12.1 nav.

I noticed the issue the first time I used Google Maps with AA and I could no longer adjust my radio volume.

banditsc

Reaction score
The latest Google Play Services update fixes it, it should be rolling out soon. I got the beta update yesterday and it's working normally again.

Lettika

Reaction score
Same issue, Pixel XL -- Glad to hear the update will straighten it out.

Users who are viewing this thread