5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walker65

Reaction score
This is DAVE, I have a 2020 ram limited eco diesel. I have about 9000 miles, taken 3 cross country trips. The truck has formed remarkable, 30 miles a gallon at speeds up 75 to 80 miles an hour. I would love to hear from someone about their’s and their performance. I have started experiencing problems with my truck not starting. The remote is not connecting and if I manually turn on the headlights I received one left headlight and one rear tail light and none of the dash lights or radio or restart button or anything works. It’s happened about three times and I got it to start after disconnecting and connecting the battery. Well today was the last straw I couldn’t get it to start going over the battery and all I called the tow truck and it didn’t show up so I tried the battery again and it started. Can anybody explain why. I am kind of a mechanic my last truck I had for 15 years and never had it in the shop it was 2006 Dodge Ram 5.9 Diesel.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I'd suspect a bad ground connection and/or a bad battery. Erratic voltage can cause computers to do bizarre things.

Follow the negative cable from the battery to the body. Try snugging the bolt or even disconnecting it and cleaning things up good with a wire brush and then reattaching it.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sounds like a dealer visit. Grounds etc... Hope it is fixed soon.
Another satisfied gen 3 ecodiesel customer as far as mpg's goes.

Users who are viewing this thread