5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member N. Virginia

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score
Hey guys, just ordered a Laramie Crew Cab 5.7 eTorque 4x4, with the Sport Appearance and off road packages and RamBoxes. Has the 12in display along with Advanced Safety group. So pretty much a limited, just had to order it via a Laramie so I could get the Sport Appearance package. Also has the Air Suspension and 3.92 Rear end. Looking forward to getting the truck. I have owned 2 Tundras, 2007 SR5/2013 Limited TRD.

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
Congrats on your new truck order. I'm waiting for mine also. I'm curious what they told you for a wait time on your truck. I was told it would take an additional 6-8 weeks if i ordered ram boxes. I found that hard to believe.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I have a similar truck minus the ram box and 12” screen. I wanted the hood too. Post some pics when you get it

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score
Congrats on your new truck order. I'm waiting for mine also. I'm curious what they told you for a wait time on your truck. I was told it would take an additional 6-8 weeks if i ordered ram boxes. I found that hard to believe.
I was told to wait 8 weeks for build and then a week to ship/arrive in Virginia. I'll be gone till late Oct so wasn't a big deal. I was bummed to miss the Laramie rebates however :(
Hopefully Oct/Nov brings some big rebates.

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I have a similar truck minus the ram box and 12” screen. I wanted the hood too. Post some pics when you get it
Thanks, will do. Can you throw up a pic. Yea I really wanted the rambox as we go camping and do long road trips left and right.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, will do. Can you throw up a pic. Yea I really wanted the rambox as we go camping and do long road trips left and right.

Attachments

• E8C4F5A7-62CB-4DAB-8311-F4C7F76EA1ED.jpeg
    E8C4F5A7-62CB-4DAB-8311-F4C7F76EA1ED.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 15
  • E6615FF0-BA2A-4165-9C11-82D54BAB1C88.jpeg
    E6615FF0-BA2A-4165-9C11-82D54BAB1C88.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome.

Sport package Laramie is a great looking truck.

Sounds like you optioned it perfect for Camping and Road trips.

Good luck with the wait. Although it seems neverending, it will be over before you know it.

Thanks for joining us

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score
Welcome.

Sport package Laramie is a great looking truck.

Sounds like you optioned it perfect for Camping and Road trips.

Good luck with the wait. Although it seems neverending, it will be over before you know it.

Thanks for joining us
Thanks, I am super excited. So far really like this forum. It seems to be about why these are made and that is to come together as a "community".

I am dreading the wait, but I am gone for a few more weeks. So I would be missing it vs waiting for it. Also Looking at your profile, looks like you have owning a lot of dodges. I am a big believer in that you take care of it and do things right/pay for what you get, and the vehicle will last forever. Obviously it is a machine so things can happen, this is a redone ram but any regrets with dodges? I have always been a Tacoma Tundra guy for last 10 years so taking a leap over here

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, I am super excited. So far really like this forum. It seems to be about why these are made and that is to come together as a "community".

I am dreading the wait, but I am gone for a few more weeks. So I would be missing it vs waiting for it. Also Looking at your profile, looks like you have owning a lot of dodges. I am a big believer in that you take care of it and do things right/pay for what you get, and the vehicle will last forever. Obviously it is a machine so things can happen, this is a redone ram but any regrets with dodges? I have always been a Tacoma Tundra guy for last 10 years so taking a leap over here

I have no regrets with Dodge Trucks.

Just noticed this, sorry for taking so long to answer back.

I had a 2013 Ram, just got rid of it not too awful long ago. The only thing wrong with it was the dealership it got taken too with issues and waiting on parts.

The only problems I have, is more based on location.

Pennsylvania has all but destroyed about every Dodge I have owned. I plan to be a little more avoiding of winter driving with the next one.

Hope your Ram is performing well.

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score
Well so far it is. Went into KZ within a month and I still have 2 weeks until I am back home!!

I'm coming out of a 13 Tundra as well, but couldnt pass up the chance to get into this truck. Super excited to get it. Not super excited about the payment after not having a truck payment for a year. But that is life!!!

Thanks for the reply.[/QUOTE]

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score
Welp, truck arrived yesterday. So far so good. Will get more pictures.

Attachments

• 20181028_190308.jpg
    20181028_190308.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
  • 20181028_190250.jpg
    20181028_190250.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
  • 20181028_154515.jpg
    20181028_154515.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
  • 20181027_160633.jpg
    20181027_160633.jpg