5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member intro

Nosorry

Reaction score
I am new to this site. Looking to join the truck family. My must haves are reliability and some luxury. Torn between ram 1500 limited, f150 2021 or a tundra. Will like opinions from anyone who has driven these trucks or has gone through same analysis previously. Ready to learn from everyone. Thanks!

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome.. love my Ram! I looked into the others but loved the overall package of the Ram!

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know many people around me including family members who were Chevy/GMC/Ford guys and majority moved over to Ram. Hard to beat. Welcome to the Forums.

Every brand is going to have an issue here or there , just depends on which one bothers you less.

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
I went from a 14 limited Ram to a 20 Raptor and soon will be back in a 21 Limited Ram. They are all good trucks, and they all have their issues. Get the one with the best features that suit your needs. The Raptor was amazing, comfortable, and off-road untouchable (I know someone here will chime in TRX, the Raptor is better sorry guys). I need storage space and organization (Ramboxes under-seat etc), my truck is my work office and the mileage on the Ecodiesel is unbeatable. I spend a lot of time on dirt mining roads so I will miss the Raptor for sure in some aspects, but after having the Raptor I know the Ram is the right truck for me. Welcome to the forum!

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t know if you require 4 wheel drive with a two speed transfer case, capable for 4X4 low.
A coworker recently bought a brand new 2021 Chevrolet 1500 4X4, he was not able to shift into 4X4 low, the salesman tried to explain how to do it but had no success, it turns out that his new truck does not have a 2 speed transfer case, he and I had never of a full size 4x4 truck without 4 low, apparently the 2 speed transfer case is close to $3,000 He was really pissed, but he is such a die hard GM guy that he ordered a new truck with 4x4 low, trading his truck for it when it arrives, costing him an extra $10,000, part of that $10,000 is that he is going from a quad to a crew cab and adding the extended warranty.
Make sure you know exactly what you expect to have with whichever brand you end up with.
I did own a few GM trucks in the past, they were not reliable, what a disappointment.
I switched to Ram in 1996 mainly because of the looks, but it was very reliable and kept it until I bought a 2011 Ram, very reliable again, kept it until I bought my 2020 Rebel with the diesel, other mfg’s do not offer the ramboxes and the amazing interior.

Nosorry

Reaction score
4x4 a must....Thanks for the input...too many options, can’t be confusing sometimes...lol

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To me Ford’s ride quality and interior are subpar. They do offer the most engine torque and biggest gas tank (36 gallons)

The Tundra is a dinosaur. Other than low depreciation there’s not much to like.

Ram has the best interior (layout, quality materials, rear seat, 12” screen) plus has a plusher ride and larger brakes.

What do you intend to use your truck for?

Nosorry

Reaction score
To me Ford’s ride quality and interior are subpar. They do offer the most engine torque and biggest gas tank (36 gallons)

The Tundra is a dinosaur. Other than low depreciation there’s not much to like.

Ram has the best interior (layout, quality materials, rear seat, 12” screen) plus has a plusher ride and larger brakes.

What do you intend to use your truck for?
Mostly work...its between a ram 1500 limited 21 and f150 platinum 21 for me now...love the generators with the Ford, but the air suspension with the ram makes the ride so smooth...looking to make a decision and make a purchase this mont...being my first truck, don’t want to get this wrong...lol

Nosorry

Reaction score
Mostly work...its between a ram 1500 limited 21 and f150 platinum 21 for me now...love the generators with the Ford, but the air suspension with the ram makes the ride so smooth...looking to make a decision and make a purchase this mont...being my first truck, don’t want to get this wrong...lol
Tundra interior too basic plus I need heated seats at the back for winter...

Nosorry

Reaction score
I don’t know if you require 4 wheel drive with a two speed transfer case, capable for 4X4 low.
A coworker recently bought a brand new 2021 Chevrolet 1500 4X4, he was not able to shift into 4X4 low, the salesman tried to explain how to do it but had no success, it turns out that his new truck does not have a 2 speed transfer case, he and I had never of a full size 4x4 truck without 4 low, apparently the 2 speed transfer case is close to $3,000 He was really pissed, but he is such a die hard GM guy that he ordered a new truck with 4x4 low, trading his truck for it when it arrives, costing him an extra $10,000, part of that $10,000 is that he is going from a quad to a crew cab and adding the extended warranty.
Make sure you know exactly what you expect to have with whichever brand you end up with.
I did own a few GM trucks in the past, they were not reliable, what a disappointment.
I switched to Ram in 1996 mainly because of the looks, but it was very reliable and kept it until I bought a 2011 Ram, very reliable again, kept it until I bought my 2020 Rebel with the diesel, other mfg’s do not offer the ramboxes and the amazing interior.

Nosorry

Reaction score
Any thoughts on RAM multi function tailgate and water leaks due to the bed cover not able to cover everything? is there a workaround to this?

Users who are viewing this thread