5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member from HD Rams

G'Dave

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, but not new to Rams. My first Ram was an EcoDiesel Gen 1 (2014) that I bought new and did over 160,000 miles. Ram #2 is the 2500 in my profile pic (Hemi).
I'm hankering for a new 1/2 ton Ram, and am looking forward to all of the great intel that I can pick up from you guys. Let the research begin :).

Cheers!

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome! Why are you wanting to go back to a 1500?

G'Dave

Reaction score
Welcome! Why are you wanting to go back to a 1500?

Great question brother. First of all, I drove an EcoD for a long time. It had a Mopar 2" lift (just enough for round town and light weight off road stuff) and a GDE Hot Tune. It was quick and agile, with long travel spongy suspension. I probably should have bought a Power Wagon, but I wanted the 8' bed for the dirt bikes. The non-pw 2500 is definitely "heavy duty". It sucks a ridiculous amount of fuel (Hemi), which wasn't help by the 4.10 axles. And it does this wicked high speed bouncing/vibrating on certain types of pavement. I guess I'm a woos, but I'm looking for a bit more comfort, and better gas mileage. I can probably make it work with a 6'4 bed in a 1/2 ton, but I might also go to the dark side and get a Tundra double cab with an 8 foot bed...

Users who are viewing this thread