5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member but not for long

U

User_96325

I'm selling a tonneau cover and didn't realize the forum rules for selling. So I'm introducing myself but admittedly will have a hard time with 10 quality posts.

I purchased a 2022 1500 Rebel in April and was excited to take delivery of my first truck. I previously owned a 2016 4Runner but I was involved in a rollover accident en route to skiing so the truck was a replacement. However, my ownership experience has not been ideal and I'm waiting for the check from Ram as they have agreed to repurchase the vehicle under the Lemon Law. Given my experience during the 8 months of ownership, I've decided to go with another manufacturer.

In any case, hello and goodbye. There's no doubt the interior of the Ram's are much better than the competition, which I appreciated. But the gremlin's inside ...

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Would you mind telling us the issues that led to the buyback?

U

User_96325

Sorry to hear that. Would you mind telling us the issues that led to the buyback?
I am on my 4th Uconnect 13 unit during the first 8 months. The issues have been numerous including screen blacking out, no audio, no connectivity, certain functions like compass not working, etc. I realize others have issues as well and I spent months reading posts on this forum to see if any one had solutions to my issues (which always changed when I get a new unit). Prior to going for my 4th replacement, I contacted the GM of my dealership and he recommended that I contact Stellantis customer service and open a ticket with them, which would allow a factory tech to get involved, which I did. However, the issues continued and I let customer service know again, at which point they offered to repurchase the vehicle. Maybe some owners are more willing to deal with electronic issues, but I don't want to deal with this type of issue because determining the culprit is difficult and the ramifications to other parts of the vehicle are unknown. At this point, I think (and I relayed my concerns to the service provider and Stellantis corporate) the gremlin is inside my truck and not the Uconnect unit, but I guess it's easier to repurchase the truck rather than dig deeper. I hope my experience is an outlier and nobody else has to go through this.

Ramisgood

Reaction score
I am on my 4th Uconnect 13 unit during the first 8 months. The issues have been numerous including screen blacking out, no audio, no connectivity, certain functions like compass not working, etc. I realize others have issues as well and I spent months reading posts on this forum to see if any one had solutions to my issues (which always changed when I get a new unit). Prior to going for my 4th replacement, I contacted the GM of my dealership and he recommended that I contact Stellantis customer service and open a ticket with them, which would allow a factory tech to get involved, which I did. However, the issues continued and I let customer service know again, at which point they offered to repurchase the vehicle. Maybe some owners are more willing to deal with electronic issues, but I don't want to deal with this type of issue because determining the culprit is difficult and the ramifications to other parts of the vehicle are unknown. At this point, I think (and I relayed my concerns to the service provider and Stellantis corporate) the gremlin is inside my truck and not the Uconnect unit, but I guess it's easier to repurchase the truck rather than dig deeper. I hope my experience is an outlier and nobody else has to go through this.
You are not a solo camper on this. We are on our second disfunctioning radio and have been blown off by the dealership with the excuse of Chrysler coming out with a software update that fixes all the issues. The problems are company wide with the Connect 5 systems. If I could get our truck to be bought back, I'd get rid of it in a heartbeat. What good is a warranty when they don't honor it? Don't expect much help with Ramcares either. I wouldn't recommend this manufacturer to my ex; she already hates me enough.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear of you folks having so much trouble with your Rams, that sucks. I'm glad that Rebel_Yell's truck is being bought back, with what sounds like not too much hassle from Ram.
Not that it helps you or changes anything for you, but FWIW my 2020 Laramie Longhorn has been 99.5% trouble-free in the three years I've owned it. Only trip to the dealer was a dead battery, but I hadn't driven the truck for a few weeks, which may have contributed to the dead battery. Anyhow, I'm sorry you two got the short end of the stick with your Rams, but mine is proof that Ram is as capable as any auto manufacturer of building trouble-free vehicles.
Best of luck with whatever your replacements are, and thank you for sharing your experiences and being gracious about what is a frustrating, maddening experience.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
you could try another ram as more of them are good than bad.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Most manufacturers are having quality issues and have increased their allocations to warranty and recall work for 2023. IIRC, Ford is the leader by allocating ~$2 billion, and Stellantis was ~$1billion. Hopefully your next truck is a better one.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, when Ram buys back vehicles with issues they will usually take them back to a factory repair center to diagnose the issue to see if it's something they may need to issue a TSB for. Then once the issue is corrected they will send vehicle to auction to be resold.

Users who are viewing this thread