5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Limited W/Dash quality control issue

Old Ram

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
After watching this forum since the beginning and patiently waiting on the bugs to get worked out I finally pulled the trigger and traded in my beloved 2016 Longhorn on a 2021 Limited.
So far the truck is everything I had expected, was able to find one with the long wheelbase and without the pano sunroof with no special order, I had a sunroof in the longhorn and although nice, I had to deal with the headliner issue on that one, didn't want to do that again.

My only issue so far on this truck is I have some bad spots on the leather dash, already complained to dealer about my truck with 9 miles on it having defective parts and will be taking off work to take it in first thing this week in to see about having it replaced. Not sure if this is the start of the delamination issue or just bad leather that got by QC.

Not thrilled that my brand new truck needs to have the entire instrument panel assy R&R'ed (Not a very happy customer here RAM Cares)

For you guys that had the delaminating issues or have had the AC TSB done did you have and problems with interior damages, misaligned parts, noises ect after a dash R&R? How long after getting parts to do the job, couldn't find it in any of motor/chilton labor guides and don't have Mopar at the shop.
Thanks!

Last edited:

redneck

Reaction score
im sure something is going to get scuffed or scratched in the process & when you monkey around with interior trim pcs it seams squeaks happen shortly after

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
im sure something is going to get scuffed or scratched in the process & when you monkey around with interior trim pcs it seams squeaks happen shortly after
I don't know about that...several had their dash's replaced due to delaminating leather and said that everything went well...no damage and no rattles afterwards. Same for many that had the AC issues resolved.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
My only issue so far on this truck is I have some bad spots on the leather dash, already complained to dealer about my truck with 9 miles on it having defective parts and will be taking off work to take it in first thing this week in to see about having it replaced. Not sure if this is the start of the delamination issue or just bad leather that got by QC.
I would find it hard to believe that a new 2021 with 9 miles has the leather delamination issue, but stranger things have happened. Yes...we need good quality pics as @ktl5005 requested above to see what you are referencing. If you saw it during the test drive and prior to delivery, why did you buy it :unsure:

Old Ram

Reaction score
Couldn't really see it during purchase, it was a cloudy day at dusk, its up between the cluster hood and the center speaker but once the sun was out the next day and in front of the truck it was more noticeable, its a couple of blemishes in the leather and doesn't look like a delam issue, I do have a concern that it may crack or split there in the future as the leather dries out, hence wanting it replaced if the cure isn't worse than the disease.
I am waiting for the dealer to get back with me on approval for replacement of the dash, once that process is complete I will add the pictures of the issue, its a large dealership and I am sure they have already done several dash jobs just was trying to see how that job went for other members and how things are holding up long term after the repair. (should I push for an extended warranty?)

Old Ram

Reaction score
Update, they have come through and agreed to install new instrument panel (AKA Dash), looked up the job procedure info and as long as the torque all the screws correctly it's just a lot of pieces, most like the radio center stack and console come out as assemblies.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Update, they have come through and agreed to install new instrument panel (AKA Dash), looked up the job procedure info and as long as the torque all the screws correctly it's just a lot of pieces, most like the radio center stack and console come out as assemblies.
Please post some pics so we all can see the issues you are referencing.

djjr50

Reaction score
My replacement went well and in 2 months in.

Users who are viewing this thread