5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New lifts?

Sharkbait

Reaction score
Has any one heard of new lift kits hitting the market designed for the 2019 rebel? Possibly at SEMA...
Thanks

Sharkbait

Reaction score
I love the look of your truck...wish I was as gifted as you with a wrench.. I don’t trust most shops, they will put anything on regardless just to make a buck. I am seriously considering the complete 3.5 lift from ReadyLIFT. My understanding is if my wheel well to center hub measures 22 or less I can do the whole kit or just leave out spacers and have the usual rake..I don’t then also have to swap out the struts like you mentioned in another thread. thoughts?

jamesfg

Reaction score
Go with a 6" lift, toss the spacers in a scrap pile and use your Rebel struts. The only mod that needs to be done is where the brake line extension mounts to the frame and is accomplished with a dremel or file. I used the RC rear shocks that were provided and the truck is level as you can see. Had it aligned, no probs, goes down the road straight, rides a tid bit stiffer than stock due to the 10" wheels but it's worth it. I did all the research and work, ya just need to follow.

20181022_072526.jpg

jamesfg

Reaction score
And I'm not that gifted, tho I appreciate the compliment. You get a big book worth of directions. As long as you know "right, tighty", "lefty, loosie", you too can put in a lift. It's not like your assembling the space shuttle.

Sharkbait

Reaction score
Thanks...I’ll look into it, may also end up a little high on budget having to also add 20 inch rims right away.. I’ll keep you posted

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And I'm not that gifted, tho I appreciate the compliment. You get a big book worth of directions. As long as you know "right, tighty", "lefty, loosie", you too can put in a lift. It's not like your assembling the space shuttle.
I'm sure you had to cut a little off the frame where the cross member attaches bolts in to make room for the front diff to drop. That's where a lot of people can't get themselves to commit.

jamesfg

Reaction score
Think of how b-a your truck will be and that cut ain't nothing. Dealer cost on the RC lift is $913 so use that info to knock 'em down on price. Get the lift first, hoard that in a safe place in your house then get your wheels.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm sure you had to cut a little off the frame where the cross member attaches bolts in to make room for the front diff to drop. That's where a lot of people can't get themselves to commit.
That's my problem. I know I can make the cut just fine, just something about cutting into a $50k truck myself.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Think of how b-a your truck will be and that cut ain't nothing. Dealer cost on the RC lift is $913 so use that info to knock 'em down on price. Get the lift first, hoard that in a safe place in your house then get your wheels.
I've cut many of frames, back in the day before manufactures were casting knuckles and drop brackets were your only option frame mods were much more involved to drop the upper a arms. The older I get, the smaller the lift. 14" with 44" swampers on my first over 20 years ago , last truck had a 5 inch and 33s, this truck 2.5 level and 305 55s and done.

jamesfg

Reaction score
Your not cutting the frame in half and rewelding it, c'mon! You just gotta clip off a chunk to make the lift fit.
20181006_115629.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread