5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New here but HELP

Kattt

Reaction score
Hey there! I’m new to this thread I have a 5th gen 2500 Cummins. I got T-boned by a elderly lady who ran a stop sign going 50 MPH the other day. Went straight into my driver side 😭 The truck kept us safe, however the side is super messed up! We think they will have to replace the cab. Would this total out the vehicle? We have a mega cab and the rear driver side door folded in on its self and the area under the doors got smashed in about 4 in”. I’ve been beating myself up over this accident and haven’t slept over this.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would be more concerned if the ladder frame was bent/damaged at all, which at those speeds is very likely. If that's the case I would want the truck totaled out, it will never drive right again.

Nothing to beat yourself up over, some people just don't belong on the road. Glad you are ok.

SBrentnall

Reaction score
Hey there! I’m new to this thread I have a 5th gen 2500 Cummins. I got T-boned by a elderly lady who ran a stop sign going 50 MPH the other day. Went straight into my driver side 😭 The truck kept us safe, however the side is super messed up! We think they will have to replace the cab. Would this total out the vehicle? We have a mega cab and the rear driver side door folded in on its self and the area under the doors got smashed in about 4 in”. I’ve been beating myself up over this accident and haven’t slept over this.
The same thing happened to me in my 2500 a few years ago. I thought it would just be a door replacement, but the frame was totally bent and it was totaled.

mffdvr

Reaction score
Welcome...glad you're safe. Your insurance adjuster will determine the appropriate course of action...but I'd really push for a totalling of the vehicle, unfortunately. I'd have to imagine there was impact to the frame if she was travelling at 50mph.

ben b

Reaction score
Very glad to hear you are safe. It's a tribute to RAM engineering that you walked away from such a huge impact!

I know this doesn't address your question. But good to congratulate yourself on having the wisdom to buy such a safe vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread