5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New happy ram owner

Melvilarnt

Reaction score
Hey guys! My name is Mel.
I had 5 ram trucks in the past
Like an idiot I thought I didnt need a pickup truck anymore and I traded my 2016 ram for a durango. which I HATED.
Anyways, I kept it one month and then I decided to trade it for a brand new ram ! I love it and I have 4000 miles on it right now.
Thanks for this forum!

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome Mel, glad to hear you’re enjoying your Ram. Please fill out your signature so we can see what trim/options you have and any mods you’ve done or have planned.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys! My name is Mel.
I had 5 ram trucks in the past
Like an idiot I thought I didnt need a pickup truck anymore and I traded my 2016 ram for a durango. which I HATED.
Anyways, I kept it one month and then I decided to trade it for a brand new ram ! I love it and I have 4000 miles on it right now.
Thanks for this forum!

Been there and done that (Check my signature block) I didn't hate my Durango but really missed having a truck.

Welcome to the forum, and back to the Happy side of vehicle ownership!

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome! What didn't you like about the Durango? I really enjoy both my Ram and my Durango.

Melvilarnt

Reaction score
Welcome! What didn't you like about the Durango? I really enjoy both my Ram and my Durango.
I mean I take it back , I didnt hate it. But I thought the durango was too small. Its too bad ram or dodge never made a full size suv like a suburban, then I would have kept it! It ended up being very small. And for the v* hemi powered I thought it didnt have enough power. Had 50k miles and already a ton of issues. I have never had a single real issue with my rams in the past!

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree that the Durango is smaller than the Ram. But for that very reason, my wife likes it for its maneuverability and having the third row seats for the grandkids. With the SRT model, like we have, there is plenty of power and the sound of the exhaust, right from the factory, is unbelievably gnarly. I probably shouldn't say this but it's amazing how many people are surprised when they see a grandmother driving a muscle car especially when she blows them away from a traffic light. But, in defense of the Ram, she loves that vehicle as well. She just has to drive it differently because of its size.

Users who are viewing this thread