5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New engine, plugs, anti-seize

BFDM

Reaction score
Greetings. I am scheduled to take delivery of my '19 1500 with the 5.7 non eTorque engine this week. I assume that the plugs are probably good for 100,000 miles. There is a LOT I don't know about this truck yet, so please bear with me. I also assume that in 100,000 miles those things might just be damn near impossible to remove.

1. Has anyone given any thought to preemptively pulling the plugs NOW and giving the threads a light coating of Anti-Seize compound?
2. Does anyone know the correct torque for the plugs?
3. I have been told the engine uses two plugs per cylinder, is that correct?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry, I can't help finding humor in your questions... If I was to guess, your last vehicle purchase was in 1972?

I wouldn't worry one bit about plugs. Just enjoy your truck for now. Modern engines are a thing of beauty and the 5.7l hemi should give you a lifetime of trouble free driving with regular oil changes only.

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
I've never had a problem with removing them on any of my vehicles with 100k mile plugs, including on some Ford modular 4.6L V8's which had few threads compared with other aluminum heads out there. About the only thing I'm cringing at regarding new plugs eventually, is how much it will cost to replace 16 instead of just 8. ;)

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
Sorry, I can't help finding humor in your questions... If I was to guess, your last vehicle purchase was in 1972?

I wouldn't worry one bit about plugs. Just enjoy your truck for now. Modern engines are a thing of beauty and the 5.7l hemi should give you a lifetime of trouble free driving with regular oil changes only.
Plugs definitely will not last a lifetime lol

Users who are viewing this thread