5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ecodiesel - Fingers Crossed

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I traded my 2020 Lone Star eTorque 2WD for a new 2021 Big Horn Ecodiesel 4WD today. It seemed like too good a deal to pass up since it was built in October 2020 and been sitting on the lot for a number of months. MSRP was $59,760 and I got it out the door for $54K whcih included TTL and their "pack of crap" including nitrogen tires and all the BS which I got for. The 2020 was still relatively new with 7000 miles on it thus I didn't have much equity in it (other than what I call "Chip Crisis Equity"). It has the Technology Group which includes the heads up display, Premium Lighting Group, Level 1 Safety Group, Big Horn Level 2, 3.92 rear end, UConnect 4C with Nav (didn't want the 12" as it's just too damned big for my bifocals at close range), 20" rims/tires and trailer brake controller. It took four hours of negotiating to get them down but I drove away with a smile and 1.9% for 72.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because I was one of the guys who suffered back with the earlier gen Ecodiesel in 2015/2016 with no less than two blown Ecodiesels. My fingers are crossed this diesel is trouble free but time, proper maintenance, Stanadyne and a prayer will tell. For now, the MPGs on the 100 mile trip home was 31 mpg and the AC blew cold as heck. The Heads-Up Display works perfectly however that Rear–View Auto–Dimming Digital Display Mirror will take some getting use to - thank God you can use it in standard mirror mode!

Attachments

• Ecodiesel 1.jpg
    Ecodiesel 1.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The reason I'm bringing this up is because I was one of the guys who suffered back with the earlier gen Ecodiesel in 2015/2016 with no less than two blown Ecodiesels. My fingers are crossed this diesel is trouble free but time, proper maintenance, Stanadyne and a prayer will tell. For now, the MPGs on the 100 mile trip home was 31 mpg and the AC blew cold as heck. The Heads-Up Display works perfectly however that Rear–View Auto–Dimming Digital Display Mirror will take some getting use to - thank God you can use it in standard mirror mode!

Mine is running better than my '15 ever did. If you blow an engine on this one we'll have to conclude that you're the issue ;)

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is running better than my '15 ever did. If you blow an engine on this one we'll have to conclude that you're the issue ;)
Funny you mention this as I’ve owned three Cummins, two Ecodiesels, four Hemi’s, and 360’s / 318’s with only the two Ecodiesels kicking the bucket. Only the Ecodiesels gave me the problem and I started to doubt my abilities to properly maintain a diesel. Hopefully this 2021 redeems me.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice truck. I think you'll find this generation of ED is more refined all around, hopefully in the long term it is as well. I went from a Hemi to ED and love it.

Users who are viewing this thread