5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new"bush bar"for 2019

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like you have to relocate your sensors from the bumper to the bull bar. The 5th Gen design has good crash ratings. I have to wonder how something like this might interfere with the engineered crumple zones?

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like you have to relocate your sensors from the bumper to the bull bar. The 5th Gen design has good crash ratings. I have to wonder how something like this might interfere with the engineered crumple zones?

yes you are right.but if you go back and look closer you will see it has relocation "Plugs"for that.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, but I looked close enough the first time. I saw what they did there.

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
How would this interfere with crumple zones? You're not doing anything structural to the truck. It's a piece of metal before the stock bumper.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The metal that comes with the vehicle is engineered. Connecting other structures may negatively change the way they behave in an accident, and that has piqued my curiosity. The structures that the bumper mount to even have varying thickness and use different alloys.

Even something as simple as Rhino coating bodywork in crumple zones can result in much more energy being passed on to the squishy bits in the cab.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How would this interfere with crumple zones? You're not doing anything structural to the truck. It's a piece of metal before the stock bumper.

you are right.it was and earlier response to another member here who was worried about the bush guard my interfere with the parking sensor

Users who are viewing this thread