5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New BF Goodrich KO2

Eric2022

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have a 2019 RAM 1500 Limited and just upgraded my tires and WOW. I just added the BF Goodrich KO2’s 275/55/20’s and they are simply wonderful. You always hear stories about when you go from the highway touring tire to a more aggressive tread off-road tire that the ride is going to be louder and rougher and firmer and all that stuff but let me tell you something I got these put on the other day and the ride is not only not louder and not rougher but it’s quieter and smoother than it was when I had the Bridgestone duelers on it it’s so smooth I can hardly believe it, anyway here’s the tires how they look on my truck thank you so much.

Attachments

• AB00564A-7B30-46F9-B52A-F3AD46ECE41C.jpeg
    AB00564A-7B30-46F9-B52A-F3AD46ECE41C.jpeg
    219.1 KB · Views: 785
  • FF375FD8-51DA-45A1-93C3-B97DF93C7CE0.jpeg
    FF375FD8-51DA-45A1-93C3-B97DF93C7CE0.jpeg
    310.7 KB · Views: 727
  • DFFAF417-72F7-4DF2-B5DE-DA33DD86C8FD.jpeg
    DFFAF417-72F7-4DF2-B5DE-DA33DD86C8FD.jpeg
    236.2 KB · Views: 735

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is great news because I have been considering the BF Goodrich KO2 for my next set.

I wonder if there has been anybody who has gone from the Rebel Goodyear Duratrac tires to the BF Goodrich KO2's? (18 inch wheels) Curious about the sidewall strength.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well Op I’m glad to see you’re happy with your purchase and we’re willing to share your thoughts.

delastatte

Reaction score
i have BFG KO2 on my wrangler for 20.000 miles now and they were a huge step up from OEM , they are not loud at all and the grip is great on dry,wet and snow .They are a heavy tire now so the MPGs are not OEM anymore lol...

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i have BFG KO2 on my wrangler for 20.000 miles now and they were a huge step up from OEM , they are not loud at all and the grip is great on dry,wet and snow .They are a heavy tire now so the MPGs are not OEM anymore lol...

SUPPOSEDLY the KO2s "Get louder" as they get old but, whatever.
When I had KO2s on my last ram I F-ing loved them.

To me the best tires for a truck, are A/Ts with a 3PMSF severe snow rating.
That list includes (but is not limited to) BF Goodrich KO2s, Duratracs, Falken AT3Ws, and now the Toyo AT3s.
Realistically you could probably roll a dice and pick one at random and be mostly happy. That's my personal opinion.

I'm running the Toyos right now, but I'm remembering the KO2s. I recall my MPG taking a little bit of a hit, and not caring.
If I end up hating the toyos (unlikely) I could see myself wanting to run KO2s again in the future.

One year in a horrible snow storm that basically shut down the area pretty good, the KO2s were flawless.
I could have gone the speedlimit had traffic let me. In brief moments I got to!

RamSnow.png

OldRebelKO2.png

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Currently running Duratracs. They grip and ride better than the OEM duelers, but they’re definitely louder. It’s literally the only downside though...but I will heavily consider the KO2’s when it’s time to change them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heydre

Reaction score
I've had four sets of KO2s on two trucks....noise and ride will vary noticeably with the PSI of your tires.

Limited19Dan

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have a 2019 RAM 1500 Limited and just upgraded my tires and WOW. I just added the BF Goodrich KO2’s 275/55/20’s and they are simply wonderful. You always hear stories about when you go from the highway touring tire to a more aggressive tread off-road tire that the ride is going to be louder and rougher and firmer and all that stuff but let me tell you something I got these put on the other day and the ride is not only not louder and not rougher but it’s quieter and smoother than it was when I had the Bridgestone duelers on it it’s so smooth I can hardly believe it, anyway here’s the tires how they look on my truck thank you so much.
That's awesome to hear,cause I'm thinking of getting a set of k02's

Barty88

Reaction score
I am considering these tires but have a question about size and the Yokohama brand. My choice locally is to either get the KO2's or the Yokohama

Geolandar AT G015. From what I am reading the BFGs are a better tire. HOWEVER, the Geoloandars would be a 35/12.5r20 and the BFGs would be a 295/65r20. I need to do alot of driving this winter (mostly highway and 35-50mph back roads) in northern New England. The 35/12.5's are an inch wider and I would assume grip better due to that. For this specific scenario the set of tires would be the same price, roughly. If I step up to the wider BFG's its another $500. Thoughts?

cervelo15

Reaction score
Couldnt agree more....I just posted a similar review on another thread. I have 1000mi on my KO2's at 39.5psi and they are really comfortable and really make the ride enjoyable. As I said in the other thread, I'm calling out the naysayers for being a little over-dramatic for saying how rough a ride it is for a E-rated tire. I guess it all depends on what brand you get, because some may ride rougher than the others. But mine have been great so far!

Driving to Delaware tomorrow, all highway so I am curious to see gas mileage. Im at 15.1-15.5 now, but just had my speedo recalibrated Friday. So I am sure that will clear up the gas mileage a bit as I drive more

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am considering these tires but have a question about size and the Yokohama brand. My choice locally is to either get the KO2's or the Yokohama

Geolandar AT G015. From what I am reading the BFGs are a better tire. HOWEVER, the Geoloandars would be a 35/12.5r20 and the BFGs would be a 295/65r20. I need to do alot of driving this winter (mostly highway and 35-50mph back roads) in northern New England. The 35/12.5's are an inch wider and I would assume grip better due to that. For this specific scenario the set of tires would be the same price, roughly. If I step up to the wider BFG's its another $500. Thoughts?

If you are talking about getting better grip in winter weather, wider is worse.

cervelo15

Reaction score
Just pulled 17.7 avg mpg on the drive to Delaware today, 99% highway driving. Not bad for the KO2’s, lift kit and active air dam delete. Did notice a little unwanted gyration on certain stretches of road. I know it was that particular stretch of road and not the tires because it smoothed out real nice on other stretches.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had KO2s on my truck for two years (Blizzaks in winter) and I just ordered a set of Bridgestone Revo 3s to replace them. I don't understand how anyone can run an LT tire and say that the ride is smooth and quiet. My KO2s have held up well, but I am tired of sacrificing day to day drivability and comfort for only occasional light off-roading. I am hoping to get $500 for my KO2s when I sell them.

cervelo15

Reaction score
I have had KO2s on my truck for two years (Blizzaks in winter) and I just ordered a set of Bridgestone Revo 3s to replace them. I don't understand how anyone can run an LT tire and say that the ride is smooth and quiet. My KO2s have held up well, but I am tired of sacrificing day to day drivability and comfort for only occasional light off-roading. I am hoping to get $500 for my KO2s when I sell them.
I just drove 95 and Route 1 yesterday and I noticed for the most part, it was a firmer, tighter more-planted ride. IMHO, thats smooth and comfortable to me. I'm coming from the road bike world where I appreciate a tighter, firmer ride. I think its a much more planted ride than factory. I think air pressure plays into it too. When you run a higher air pressure, of course its gonna ride like a rock. I've been experimenting with mine and I'm getting to that sweet spot. I use the same thinking in my road bike tires...I never fill up to the max 120 psi on the sidewall...I run mayb 100 up front and 108 in the back. That setup is the right balance of bump absorption and comfort.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just drove 95 and Route 1 yesterday and I noticed for the most part, it was a firmer, tighter more-planted ride. IMHO, thats smooth and comfortable to me. I'm coming from the road bike world where I appreciate a tighter, firmer ride. I think its a much more planted ride than factory. I think air pressure plays into it too. When you run a higher air pressure, of course its gonna ride like a rock. I've been experimenting with mine and I'm getting to that sweet spot. I use the same thinking in my road bike tires...I never fill up to the max 120 psi on the sidewall...I run mayb 100 up front and 108 in the back. That setup is the right balance of bump absorption and comfort.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score

100psi per tire??

cervelo15

Reaction score
100psi per tire??

Ha sorry for the confusion….yes, the road bike tires have ridiculous high PSI…but the same principle carries over to the truck tires: you shouldn’t be running the max PSI and need to work out whats the best for comfort, safety, etc.

Ive been running 39.5 psi in the KO2s and that seems to be the best so far.

Users who are viewing this thread