5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2021 Ram 1500 Longhorn Limited Edition

BobbyD1966

Reaction score
Hello everyone! First time truck owner here. I splurged and bought the 2021 1500 Longhorn Limited Edition........loving it so far however, the back-up camera failed after just 14 days of owning it. The dealer said it's been an issue with some of the 2021's and replacing the camera will fix it. My fingers are crossed as the back-up camera is a huge help when backing up. Kinda frustrating that this went out in the first 14 days of ownership, but that's what warrantys are for. With all of the electronics something is bound to crap out.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome, as long as your back window doesn’t start keaking then you are ahead of the game lol.

BobbyD1966

Reaction score
Did you have an issue with your back window? I have the powered one and no leaks yet been through the carwash a few times.......

Lrpilot

Reaction score
Let’s see some pics! I’m anxiously awaiting my 2021 Longhorn.

PorBoy

Reaction score
My first one was a 2019 Limited and that panoramic roof leaked like a waterfall...

BobbyD1966

Reaction score
Here ya go! I added a tonneau cover, mud flaps, and tinted the driver and passenger windows! I love this truck!!! Just bummed my back-up camera crapped out but after reading the threads seems to happen on occasion.

Attachments

• IMG_2515.jpeg
    IMG_2515.jpeg
    220 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_2516.jpeg
    IMG_2516.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_2518.jpeg
    IMG_2518.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 111

PorBoy

Reaction score
Just keep an eye of your rear window frame as the days go on. Hopefully you will not deal with that drama also. :)

Lrpilot

Reaction score
Here ya go! I added a tonneau cover, mud flaps, and tinted the driver and passenger windows! I love this truck!!! Just bummed my back-up camera crapped out but after reading the threads seems to happen on occasion.
Beautiful. What color is that?

BobbyD1966

Reaction score
A dark metallic blue...........when the sun hits it, it sparkles!

PorBoy

Reaction score
That’s funny as I purchased my Audi in a dark blue also.

Attachments

• 7587727C-03CF-4EF6-BE8B-BEAC20407839.jpeg
    7587727C-03CF-4EF6-BE8B-BEAC20407839.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 34

ronr

Reaction score
Congrats! Which tonneau cover and flaps?

ronr

Reaction score
Prior F150 and F250 owner. What drove me to change to 2021 Ram 1500, and have proven out thus far:

The 12” screen… the nav is just superior to what Ford has. Yes, Ford now has a new screen but they are late with it and with new features comes risk of issues. (2) the Multifunction tailgate – for the aging back. (and usable bed step given the door-style opening.) (3) the comfort of the drive – again, for the aging back. (4) Ford F150 has the shifter which is just in the way, and sure you can now move it when parked – but for me it was in the way when driving (got used to not having it with the 250). (5) The HUD – although once having the vehicle, the digital speedometer is very easy to see –having the speed limit there as a reminder is cool and may save a ticket in the future. (6) Wanted all leather single tone, brown, so moved to Longhorn Limited. (7) Underseat rear storage and mid console storage are superb for the little things. (8) auto hi beam dimming worked great both dimming for oncoming or back to hi after oncoming passes; (9) turning headlights - on dark road into dark driveway worked excellent

Things not sure about yet are (1) the cam-rear-view-mirror – may just be my eyes/glasses but there is some kind of focus delay which is a bit off-putting. May get used to it… in any case you can easily revert to just mirror, and still have the cam view if needed. (2) auto deploy running boards – ok for now… bit of a pain when doing a lot of getting in and out (but you can turn it off).. hope its not a problem waiting to happen. (3) sun moon roof – never use, but no dealer on site models don’t have. Hopefully not a future problem. (4) still need a step support to get into bed when tailgate down – looking into add of a side-step. No “full time” rear passengers – but given the heat, the plugs, and the recline option, has to be a step up for them. (5) not sure how the 4 corner air functions at high speed with a trailer – you attach at normal height – but does it auto – lower with trailer attached at highway speeds?

Other - The 1500 just feels comfortable and smooth. It “fits like a glove” – great for general driving… and when I need the cargo and tow, I have it. Blind spot monitor better in my opinion then Ford (2019) was. Quiet ride – not sure if due to Active noise cancel but this even with the Falken offroad type tire.

Attachments

• long lim 21.jpg
    long lim 21.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Fatherof3

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new truck. Love that colour . Almost a maximum steel .

BobbyD1966

Reaction score
Hello everyone! First time truck owner here. I splurged and bought the 2021 1500 Longhorn Limited Edition........loving it so far however, the back-up camera failed after just 14 days of owning it. The dealer said it's been an issue with some of the 2021's and replacing the camera will fix it. My fingers are crossed as the back-up camera is a huge help when backing up. Kinda frustrating that this went out in the first 14 days of ownership, but that's what warrantys are for. With all of the electronics something is bound to crap out.
Update! Dealer installed new camera this morning and I’m back up and running!!!!

RiverRocket

Reaction score
Prior F150 and F250 owner. What drove me to change to 2021 Ram 1500, and have proven out thus far:

The 12” screen… the nav is just superior to what Ford has. Yes, Ford now has a new screen but they are late with it and with new features comes risk of issues. (2) the Multifunction tailgate – for the aging back. (and usable bed step given the door-style opening.) (3) the comfort of the drive – again, for the aging back. (4) Ford F150 has the shifter which is just in the way, and sure you can now move it when parked – but for me it was in the way when driving (got used to not having it with the 250). (5) The HUD – although once having the vehicle, the digital speedometer is very easy to see –having the speed limit there as a reminder is cool and may save a ticket in the future. (6) Wanted all leather single tone, brown, so moved to Longhorn Limited. (7) Underseat rear storage and mid console storage are superb for the little things. (8) auto hi beam dimming worked great both dimming for oncoming or back to hi after oncoming passes; (9) turning headlights - on dark road into dark driveway worked excellent

Things not sure about yet are (1) the cam-rear-view-mirror – may just be my eyes/glasses but there is some kind of focus delay which is a bit off-putting. May get used to it… in any case you can easily revert to just mirror, and still have the cam view if needed. (2) auto deploy running boards – ok for now… bit of a pain when doing a lot of getting in and out (but you can turn it off).. hope its not a problem waiting to happen. (3) sun moon roof – never use, but no dealer on site models don’t have. Hopefully not a future problem. (4) still need a step support to get into bed when tailgate down – looking into add of a side-step. No “full time” rear passengers – but given the heat, the plugs, and the recline option, has to be a step up for them. (5) not sure how the 4 corner air functions at high speed with a trailer – you attach at normal height – but does it auto – lower with trailer attached at highway speeds?

Other - The 1500 just feels comfortable and smooth. It “fits like a glove” – great for general driving… and when I need the cargo and tow, I have it. Blind spot monitor better in my opinion then Ford (2019) was. Quiet ride – not sure if due to Active noise cancel but this even with the Falken offroad type tire.
I was amazed at how quiet the truck is. I traded a 2017 RT Durango in for a 2021 Ram 1500 limited. I recorded the DB of the Durango on the way to pick up my truck and it was 69-71 db. The 2021 1500 limited was 64-66 db on the ride back. That is a big difference.

Like you, I haven't towed with it yet. I'm waiting to see how the suspension works and if I like the mirror for that or not. It did take me a week or two to like the mirror for driving. Now I never have it off. My only wish is that they would have made it work as a cargo cam as well.

ronr

Reaction score
Another thing I forgot to mention was the steering directed headlights when turning/leading on a turn. Very nice coming home late at night with no other lighting around.
I was relieved to find that the below-front bumper air dam was not included - I had forgotten to ask about this given I wanted the 4corner adjustable air.... apparently this function is not included if you have 4 corner. Just an additional note, I had to find my detailed- VIN based vehicle content via web link that I got off of this site:

Users who are viewing this thread