5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2020 Rebel, Installing Bilstein 5100's and 285/75/18 's on Stock Wheels, Tire Selection?

20BilletRebel

Reaction score
Just picked up a Billet Silver Crew Cab Rebel over the weekend. Love the truck and am planning a few mods. Specifically I've ordered front Bilstein 5100's to level the truck and am looking to remove/sell the stock Duratrac's to go with a 35" tire. There are few LT285/75/18 options out there which should allow me to go 35" while still keeping my stock Rebel wheels. Goodyear makes a Duratrac in that size, and I do think the stock tires have a pretty good ride given how aggressive they look. Nitto also has a Ridge Grappler and Terra Grappler G2 in that size, and Falken has a Wildpeak AT3W as well.

I've found a few pictures of a 285/75/18 Ridge Grappler on stock wheels and like the look. I haven't been able to find pictures of any of the others. While it will be in the dirt some, I won't be doing regular, heavy off-roading. Primarily highway miles, and I will tow my Redeye to the track on occasion.

I'd be interested in any pictures you may have of any of the other tires listed above in a 285/75/18 size, as well as the group's overall thoughts on pros/cons of each based on experience and my intended usage. They're all within ~ $30 of each other, so cost isn't a significant factor.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!

Paul...

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I missed this when you first posted. Looks great! How are the tires/stock rims working out? Did you need to trim anywhere, any scrubbing now, or need to add spacers?

20BilletRebel

Reaction score
I missed this when you first posted. Looks great! How are the tires/stock rims working out? Did you need to trim anywhere, any scrubbing now, or need to add spacers?

No rubbing, fit great. I did install 1.25 spacers and then it rubbed so took them back off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/